TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: One of eBay's "elite" explains message boards....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From a post on the ross board

Quote:Marie's Take On Chatboards Other Than PeSA, As Told By Jay

Marie explained the difference to me this way, lynette. On those other message boards, members spend all day finding excuses not to post auctions or complete sales, and constantly check with other message board members to make sure no one else is getting anything done either.

Member A: Boy, I feel miserable today. I'm not getting anything sold on eBay today I'm sure.
Member B: Me neither, it's hot as blazes here in Texas, I'm going to sit inside and cool off.
Member C: Count me in, I'm just going to watch this message board and chat with my friends. EBay makes enough money as it is, they don't need my listing fees today.
Member A: All right, I'm glad to see it's not just me.

On the PeSA Message Board, I think the greatest thrill any of us feel is when another member does well. I mean, I really got excited when select-cars-online did well with those no-reserve sales. That's really cool. I felt good for him and for our marketplace. I take pride in what we've accomplished as sellers, and as a group and as a message board. I truly feel that this board can serve as a guide for other message boards, and will ultimately show that it is possible to have spirited debate between members, often members competing in the very same categories, that is both productive and civil at all times.

JAY
On the same theme:

Here someone named Marie shows compassion for a fellow eBay seller on OTWA:

Quote:I'd like to think that if you had been able to sell successfully on eBay you'd feel differently about us and about other sellers, but I understand you are probably still bitter.

http://www.otwa.com/community/showthread.php?t=32184
I like the following comments:

Just think she probably has to have sex with it too. I wonder if he wears his hat while they are doing it?

(yeah, I'm a deadbeat, not listin' any auctions, checkin' with my boardies and wonderin' if Jay screws with his hat on)

Hat AND socks would be my guess.

A real PESA stud muffin.

I think it is much safer to remain a small seller.  lol

Why doesn't anyone mention that maybe J&M got to the number one spot because they have been allowed to KWS for years, or how eBay changed the fees for .99 listings just for them probably, or how they are possibly using a listing tool that allows them to manipulate listings???
Quote:I think it is much safer to remain a small seller.

I'll disagree.  No one (including myself) has a problem with eBay's largest seller GlacierBay DVD.

Quote:Why doesn't anyone mention that maybe J&M got to the number one spot because they have been allowed to KWS for years

type in their user ID on this board and see what the word filter says  :twistedevil:

EDITED TO ADD:
Quote:they are possibly using a listing tool that allows them...

They're not using that tool. It wouldn't work well with straight auctions (i.e. no buy it now price).