TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Holiday web sales will rise 25% to $18 billion: Forrester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Online holiday sales will increase 25% to $18 billion this holiday season, despite falling consumer confidence and higher gas prices, according to a new report...

While some retailers speculate that rising gas prices will drive shoppers to the web, Forrester says the typical web shopper—who has an average household income of $68,000—will have less discretionary income to spend this holiday season, whether offline or online. “If consumers are worried about paying $50 for gas, they’re not going to jump online to spend their hearts out,”...

But the 2.5 million new households expected to shop online this year should offset decreased spending by consumers, producing a healthy increase in online sales...

...free shipping that will be offered by about 79% of online retailers this year.

However, online retailers will likely face a weak first quarter...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=16585
Quote:...free shipping that will be offered by about 79% of online retailers this year.

We're offering free shipping on orders over $100 in store #1, free on orders over $50 in store #2, and no free shipping in store #3.  Smile  ...and there's no way I'm ever offering free shipping on eBay (or Amazon)...unless they drop all fees  :twistedevil:

Quote:, online retailers will likely face a weak first quarter due to offline gift card redemption and skyrocketing heating prices

Crybaby2

Quote:Disappointment with on-time holiday delivery also will drive consumers away from online shopping in the first quarter, Forrester said. Only 57% of shoppers agreed that their online holiday purchases arrived on time last year

When did they order? In the past I've had eBay buyers win an auction 3 days before Christmas and expect to receive the item before Christmas.  :Smile
Quote:When did they order? In the past I've had eBay buyers win an auction 3 days before Christmas and expect to receive the item before Christmas.

People seem to think that they can buy Christmas Eve and we can just get Santa Claus to drop it off on his way on time, since he's gotta stop anyways...