TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Seller's Tips for Product-Sourcing at Trade Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:They can provide crucial contacts and info, but spare yourself the expense unless you have a firm agenda in mind

Trade shows typically take several days away from your company and involve costly travel, accommodations, and sometimes attendance fees. The last thing you need is to spend a substantial sum traveling to a trade show only to wind up coming home without real information, vendors, or contacts that can further your success.

Networking with vendors, suppliers, and other boutique owners will also be an important part of attending your first trade show.

.Although trade-show attendance can be costly and time-consuming, the business relationships you establish at these events can lead to marvelous contacts for your company in the future..

full article:  http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz/con...059154.htm
The article didn't mention the most important part of attending any trade show: knowing who will have the free food, when they will have it, and how to get it.  :twistedevil:  ...yep, that's what I always found to be the only enjoyable part of attending trade shows.  Laughing7
More Tips for finding and attending trade shows:

Quote:There are many ways to source products for your eBay and ecommerce business, and trade shows are a great way to keep your product line fresh...
Quote:# Bring a box of business cards or brochures. I passed out over 200 business cards and I still ran out! You never know what opportunity will present itself for you to network and promote your business. It is wise to always have a business card handy.
# Practice your pitch. If you want to sell an idea or negotiate, practice on vendors you don't really care about. You have 30 seconds to get them interested in your business. Then, when you really want to negotiate with a vendor, you're warmed up and you know what to say. It took me two days of practicing before I felt completely confident.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y206/m04/abu0164/s03