TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay File Exchange: Meg and Bill Really Do Listen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We needed to sign up for eBay file exchange so our listing management service Fillz would be able to upload to Half.com.  When we tried to subscribe to File Exchange we received the error message "we're sorry, in order to sign up for file exchange you must have been an eBay member for at least 60 days and listed at least 50 items the past month".  Our 2nd eBay ID is 4 years old and has 940 items in its store.  So we fill out a web form to CS.  Days later no response from customer service.

This morning BBH fires off an email to Meg (and cc's Bill Cobb) b.itching about eBay's failure to respond to CS emails and extolling the virtues of Amazon's customer service and telephone customer support (and saying that all of our listings are going to Amazon).  4 hours later an email arrives from eBay CS "I understand you would like to sign up for File Exchange and I can also see that you meet the requirements. I am pleased to say I have approved your account for File Exchange and registered you for the tool.

So see Meg and Bill really do listen if you have a bad enough attitude  Happy001
That’s great news.
You know I have to admit on a few strange instances lately.
eBay has surprised me. Remember my little problem they rectified?
And a few other new things.
Dropping the PP shield off the search.
Extending non pp users to use pp and not sign up for ebay purchases.

A few things in recent days / weeks even have actually shown
a possible sign that something is maybe shaking at the bay HQ.

Perhaps it is the possible competition nipping at their heals or something even bigger.
Dontknow

[quote author=amy link=topic=1126.msg4297#msg4297 date=1131148512]
So see Meg and Bill really do listen if you have a bad enough attitude  Happy001
[/quote]
Well you know that old saying....."the squeaky wheel gets the grease". 

It's best to quickly give the squeaky wheel what they want to shut them up before they start cluing more people in on whatever the problem is to get more people vocal.

Like Wiley Coyote after running off a cliff - gravity can be postponed but not ignored. Customer satisfaction is like gravity and ignoring it would bring a fall, sooner or later but likely sooner because we are on internet time.
Quote:Customer satisfaction is like gravity and ignoring it would bring a fall, sooner or later but likely sooner because we are on internet time.

globalization  indefinitely postpones the effects of gravity  2funny
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=1126.msg4358#msg4358 date=1131251209]
Quote:Customer satisfaction is like gravity and ignoring it would bring a fall, sooner or later but likely sooner because we are on internet time.

[/quote]

true to both

[quote author=jezebel link=topic=1126.msg4358#msg4358 date=1131251209]
[/quote]
Yes, something dropped in Australia would seem to be falling up from a US perspective.

Doesn't mean that it is.

But it does mean that you can convince investors that it is falling up, which, for a time, has the same effect as falling up.

"And the ones that mother gives you,
don't do anything at all"