TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Consumers are going online in larger numbers to buy gift cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:..., First Data’s survey says: 39% of respondents intending to buy gift cards this year will buy them online.

Use of gift cards for online purchases is also growing strongly, according to the survey. 10% of those who received gift cards in the last year used them online, up from 6% the year before. Looking ahead, 18% of respondents said they are likely to make a purchase on a merchant’s web site using a gift card this year.

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=16648
When I'm feeling lazy I'll give gift certificates as a gift instead of shopping for a present. If I get them they usually sit in a drawer if the place doesn't have a web site.  Laughing7
We're selling gift certificates in 2 of our stores and we've actually had a few people buy some...which is surprising because we just opened the stores a couple of weeks ago and are still loading inventory, setting up cross promotions,  and ummm..working on the appearance.  :-[

Quote:If I get them they usually sit in a drawer

This sounds good to me.  Money comes in, and no inventory goes out.  It would be great if everyone just stuck them in a drawer and forgot about them. Laughing7