TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Mudslinging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have lurked on several forums where I know some FAS members hang out.  I have read that Mudslinging has brought the FAS forum to a new low or some other such nonsense.  I started the mudslinging thread to try and keep the crap to one area.  This thread has had over 1000 views and some FAS members PM'ed me about how it was a good idea to keep the crap to one area.

Keep in mind that some of it is in good fun and some of it is to draw attention to the forum.  I have used this tactic on another forum where it appeared that another member and I were fighting but actually we were on AIM discussing our posts and were actually good friends.

Even on the best of forums, not everyone is going to be shiny, happy people and need a place to get it off their chests.

I understand that Vis and I risk getting banned for our mudslinging but in all fairness threads started by him or me often get quite a bit of views.

You have to have a place to brawl on a forum.  I see it here on this forum and I might need to utilize it one day.
Quote:Mudslinging has brought the FAS forum to a new low or some other such nonsense.

;D Big Grin ;D Big Grin ;D Big Grin

I'll agree that's nonsense.  The mudslinging thread was a very civilized, good natured thread  Wink compared to some of the WP fights that took place...which were mild (well, with the exception of WP's last few days and a very early morning war that took place a few weeks before that involving about 10 of us that had bystanders scurrying for the FAS exits) compared to the daily postings on any of the ezBoard sites, Mad-Cows (aka the 'we hate BidVille' board).

I think having a brawl/fight/mudslinging/heated debate forum is a good way to both "keep the crap to one area"...and uh, increase views because the people who complain the most about the existence of the mudslinging area are usually the ones who are its most avid readers/lurkers.
I miss mudslinging.  Sad

Damn thread is locked over there.  Nothing like over moderation.