TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google duo splash out for airliner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: The two founders of Google, whose corporate slogan is "do no evil", have made the ultimate acquisition for chief executives. They have bought a corporate jet - but it is a bit bigger than most.

Sergey Brin and Larry Page, both 32, have splashed some of the US$22 billion ($32bn) they made by creating the world’s largest internet search engine, on a Boeing 767.

The plane, which cost up to US$15m ($22m), carried 180 passengers as a transatlantic carrier, but is being refitted to the men’s specifications.

They want two "state rooms", with adjoining lavatories and a shower. There will also be a large sitting and dining area and, at the back, up to 16 first-class seats for guests or employees. And don’t forget the onboard internet access.

full article: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=3&ObjectID=10353822

Dazed008
Interesting:

Sounds to me as if these chaps have even BIGGER plans to generate more revenue for Goggle.
The purchase of a 767 is a huge investment.
The maintenance and operational cost involved are staggering.
I remember being charged with the responsibility of an entire
fleets parts program and maintenance interface back in the 80’s.
The $$$ then were in the millions a month just for the few 727’s
and an old fleet of turbo prop aircraft.

Perhaps these upcoming Goggle ventures into the money transfer and or auction /store market
are projected by the tops dogs at Goggle to be “able to more than
adequately fund the costs” they will incur with this new 767 toy.

Seems to me the statement that “we wont be competing head to head with PayPal or ebay” may be a bit erroneous.  Laughing7

No wonder ebay has already outlawed the new "Wallet" service before it hits the net.

I’m sure feebay’s corporate spies have been watching Goggle very close.
I just hope Goggle is NOT already in bed with the bay on this somehow
and we all get this BIG "let down" after this new service is unveiled.
Update on the Google Jet:

Quote:...the Delaware holding company that technically owns the 767, Blue City Holdings LLC, is embroiled in multiple lawsuits with an aviation designer hired to plan and oversee the massive plane's interior renovation...

Blue City in early 2005 hired Leslie Jennings, a high-end aviation designer...

But last October, Blue City terminated Mr. Jennings's contract, saying he wasn't doing his job properly...

Google's founders get into a fight over beds and Google's CEO intervenes:

Quote:Mr. Jennings says Messrs. Brin and Page "had some strange requests," including hammocks hung from the ceiling of the plane. At one point he witnessed a dispute between them over whether Mr. Brin should have a "California king" size bed, he says. Mr. Jennings says Mr. Schmidt stepped in to resolve that by saying, "Sergey, you can have whatever bed you want in your room; Larry, you can have whatever kind of bed you want in your bedroom. Let's move on." Mr. Jennings says Mr. Schmidt at another point told him, "It's a party airplane."...

full article: http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB1...?mod=blogs
I'd be happy with First Class. But if I had billions, I might splurge. Who knows? Bill Gates used to fly commercial for the longest time, even after he was worth a fortune. And the owner of Scan Design? I think that's the company. Anyway, he's worth billions and is the most frugal guy on the planet. And he's not young, either.

My Dad always watched every friggin' penny with the most ridiculous things, but he'd complain if my Mom wouldn't let him buy a bigger boat. He'd say, "I'm frugal, but your Mom is cheap."