TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Alibris Introduces New Amazon Seller Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Dear Alibris Seller,

Alibris is pleased to introduce our new Amazon.com Seller Program.

Bookselling is evolving and increasingly complex. We've designed a program that simplifies your Amazon.com inventory and order management. If you believe that 'time is money', then the Amazon.com Seller Program is right for you!

Tired of maintaining inventory files for multiple selling venues? Alibris can save you hours of Excel gyrations and BASIN matching eyestrain. Join the new Amazon.com Seller Program and your Alibris inventory is automatically sent to Amazon Marketplace under your branded account.

We use your list price—no more markups or minimums—and match your pre-ISBN books to the appropriate BASIN. When it's time to process orders, simply come to the Alibris Seller Hub where you can view, fill and print packing slips for both Alibris and Amazon Marketplace orders. It's that easy!

To participate in the new Amazon.com Seller Program you must have an active Amazon.com Pro Merchant Account with specific preference settings. Consequently, Amazon.com fees and pricing will apply. Please review our step by step instructions and detailed FAQ on how to create and set-up an Amazon.com Pro Merchant Account and participate in our Amazon.com Seller Program.

The Amazon.com Seller Program is FREE, in part, because … an Amazon.com Pro Merchant account is not. And Alibris takes no commission on your Amazon Marketplace sales! As a result, you are responsible for customer service and returns for these orders.

The current Alibris Amazon.com program will end on November 18. Whether or not you're in our current program, you must be an Amazon.com Pro Merchant and opt-in . to participate in the new Amazon.com Seller Program. Join today if you want to work smarter, not harder.

Alibris is committed to helping independent booksellers succeed in an increasingly competitive bookselling world. We will continue to grow our distribution channels, seek other partnerships, and deliver tools and innovations that benefit our premiere network of sellers.

Thank you for your patience and continuing patronage of Alibris.
Sooo...before it was free and now you must pay $39.50 and sign up for Amazon's Pro Merchant.  Smile
I think they're just trying to make it easier for sellers who were caught off guard, to at least get them through the holiday season.    They aren't making any $$ on the Amazon sales . . . but I still think it makes more sense to just go ahead and list directly on Amazon, since you'll have a pro Merchant account anyway. 

I've been turning folks on to thearotofbooks.com.  Way less expensive than fillz.com.  And you can throw your books up on some other sites as well.

Quote:I've been turning folks on to thearotofbooks.com.   Way less expensive than fillz.com.

I'd like to switch, but I sell mainly CDs and TheArtof Books doesn't list to Gemm.  I really really really need something (like Fillz) that lists to Gemm because I list directly on the Gemm site and I also use Gemm's payment backend on one of my web sites.

Quote:And you can throw your books up on some other sites as well

That is the main reason to use something like TheArtofBooks/Fillz.  If you list slow moving items like the average book
or CD title in multiple places it increases the odds that they will sell this year instead of the next decade.  Laughing7