TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Fall of eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:eBay is going down.

The collapse of its stock price may be followed by the collapse of the entire company. Certainly a fire sale is in the offing.

I can say this with some certainty because eBay has bought itself an enormous political problem with Skype, a fight it can't win because of its diminishing goodwill.

full article: http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/archiv...f_ebay.php
Quote:Then we come to eBay's internal problems. Its market reputation has been suffering ever since it bought Paypal, frankly.

Aint that the truth and ebay brought that one on themselves after shoving PP logos down everyone’s throats back in early 2004. Now I see them “back pedaling” as the image of PP continues to decline in both the eyes of the buyers and sellers.

Quote:For evidence, we come to eBay's latest ad campaign. Without trying to critique the "It" ads, which assert that whatever "it" is they have "it," let me cut to the chase and ask, "why is this trip necessary?" Amazon doesn't advertise. Google doesn't advertise. You advertise in order to gain new customers, Why is it doing that if it has a "natural monopoly," as MarketWatch claimed just last month.

This is what I have often wondered as well. If all is so wonderful and the site is so RICH with buyers. Why spend unnecessary money to advertise?
Quote:This is what I have often wondered as well. If all is so wonderful and the site is so RICH with buyers. Why spend unnecessary money to advertise?

Because if you read any of the boards you will see that people are complaining that traffic is down and "where are the buyers?"  They have to advertise to get buyers there because traffic is going down and we all know it.  I've seen the traffic go down over the past year and a half that i've been there big time, meanwhile the traffic on my website keeps going up each month.  Its not hard to read the writing on the wall  Wink

Angel  Angel1
Quote:I've seen the traffic go down over the past year and a half that i've been there big time, meanwhile the traffic on my website keeps going up each month. Its not hard to read the writing on the wall
Thumbsup

Same here on ALL counts and I’ve also scanned
boards and forums all over the net to see this trend continue.

I think I love you Angel  Love10
Smart women are VERY sexy to me.  Laughing7