TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Matt is back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matt is back this is the post from FAS:  http://207.58.160.155/community/ecommerce6050.html Lovestory
I thought he'd be back.  Smile

Quote:Also some smart company has reregistered FAS domain last week, and tried to sell it back to me today. After working with namecheap all day today, I got the domain name back, and it's online again. FYI, I forgot to lock the domain, therefore they made a trick to transfer the domain (this is the explanation from my registrar)

This might be a good time for everyone to check their domains to make sure they're locked--especially if you've made any changes to your DNS, changed hosts etc. recently.  The rules for domain transfers changed a few months ago and it is now much easier for people to steal a domain name from you if you forget to renew it and your name isn't locked (like happened to Matt after the domain expired) .
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=185.msg738#msg738 date=1124044532]
I thought he'd be back.  Smile

Quote:Also some smart company has reregistered FAS domain last week, and tried to sell it back to me today. After working with namecheap all day today, I got the domain name back, and it's online again. FYI, I forgot to lock the domain, therefore they made a trick to transfer the domain (this is the explanation from my registrar)

This might be a good time for everyone to check their domains to make sure they're locked--especially if you've made any changes to your DNS, changed hosts etc. recently.  The rules for domain transfers changed a few months ago and it is now much easier for people to steal a domain name from you if you forget to renew it and your name isn't locked (like happened to Matt after the domain expired) .
[/quote]

Just went and checked and all mine are locked up nice and tight  Thumbsup  Wink

Thanks for the reminder BBH...dosen't hurt to check every now and then.

Angel  Angel1
Yikes!  I had my domain locked even when I didn't know what it meant.  GoDaddy posted enough warnings about it, that I just assumed it was something I should do.  lol