TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Matt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That person needs to upgrade to the latest phpbb version.  They should install a warning label on phpbb "warning: use of this unsecure board may be hazardous to your site's health"  :Smile
I know people keep saying that he's building a better new FAS, but I think he just lost interest.

If you're building something new and better, you don't let the old site fall into shambles - not updating the forum software, not keeping spammers away, not even renewing the domain name before its expiration.

Just looks like symptoms of disinterest to me.

Jen
[quote author=Jen link=topic=186.msg1223#msg1223 date=1125832089]
I know people keep saying that he's building a better new FAS, but I think he just lost interest.

If you're building something new and better, you don't let the old site fall into shambles - not updating the forum software, not keeping spammers away, not even renewing the domain name before its expiration.

Just looks like symptoms of disinterest to me.

Jen
[/quote]

He did add mods which should have been done months ago, but if Amy hadn't baited V.isarts in the 'Vicious Slapped' thread there probably still wouldn't be mods.

I think Wagglepop killed all of the enthusiasm he had during the site's first few months.  He has barely been around since Waggle Popped in late February.  If he wants the 'new FAS' to be a one stop shop for ecommerce information he is going to have to spend a lot of time himself on the site steering it back in that direction.  Hopefully he will because there really aren't many resources to help the "fresh out of ebay" sellers make the move to running a successful ecommerce web site.

Matt should rename the site Pottery, Glass, Chit Chat, and Spam

PM received on FAS a few days ago from an aspiring auction site owner:

Quote:I read on the board that you get millions of vistors to your sites. Is there any way that you could help me get some traffic? Please?

millions of visitors no.  a couple of sites that get millions of page views yes.

help you?  sure, why not:  Smile  get rid of the blue whale, flashing lights, and get a spell checker for starters  :twistedevil:

//end of b!tch session  Tongue

Signs068
Be nice to the Blue Whale!  He seems like a nice guy with a good heart and he is very...uh...innocent.  Normally I have no problem ripping apart crappy auction sites that are advertised on forums, but in his case I don't think I'd be able to rip his site to shreds because he seems so...uh...innocent and I feel kind of bad for him because he is so...uh...innocent.

On the subject of FAS:  when Matt showed up 2 days late for the FAS 1-year anniversary and all he said was "thank you for your support", I kind of gave up any remaining hope that he was planning on doing anything with the site. 
Smileyviolin

I'm being nice to him over at FAS - he may not realize it, but just saying "uh, yeah, that's great" isn't going to help him in the long-run.
About FAS - read the locked and posted rules recently? 

Quote:Moderators, Moderation Rules
-FreeAuctionScripts is a non-profit, community driven website, and our forums are not being moderated.

-We strongly encourage the open discussion and we believe in "freedom of speech". All of our members should report any important case directly to our FAS Team. While we encourage "freedom of speech" we will not tolerate any members who abuse the FAS forums and rules.

AND then, my favorite section:

Quote:About Wagglepop, FAS-Wagglepop Relation
Wagglepop is a new auction site project which will be launched in February 2005.
Long time eBay seller, and a well known member of eBay boards Ray romeo361 visited FAS one day, and posted about his new project Wagglepop. After several posts, and brainstorming between experienced auction sellers, Ray has asked to have a seperate category for Wagglepop at FAS Forums. We were happy to offer a seperate category for Wagglepop, and Wagglepop has grown way faster than anybody's imagination. As FAS community, we are proud to support Wagglepop and happy to host its forums until its official launch. Please visit Wagglepop Auction Site Forum for more information, and contact romeo361 for your questions about Wagglepop.

Quote:On the subject of FAS:  when Matt showed up 2 days late for the FAS 1-year anniversary and all he said was "thank you for your support", I kind of gave up any remaining hope that he was planning on doing anything with the site. 

I still think he will do something with the site. Im not sure what, but something.

Jen alot of updating needs to be done.  The rules are just one of them.  Something really needs to be done with the wagglepop forum.  Everyone keeps saying it has useful info but I see nothing worth saving in there.  Its just an eyesore and a complete waste of space.  :Smile

As for the blue whale, as soon as I saw the flashing signature I hit the back button.  Didnt even want to check out the site after that.

Angel  Angel1
I may be a strange one, but the rules are the first things I read when I go to a new site.  That way I don't "step in it".  (Where's the appropriate smiley).  To me that 's not the problem - that the rules aren't updated - but that is instead the symptom.  The problem is inattention, nonmotivation, or distraction.  I'm just not believing the line that these things don't get updated just because he's working so hard on the new site (I'm not saying that that's what you're saying, just the general impression I get from Matt's responses when he does respond - kind of a "leave me alone, I'm working real hard")

Anyways, I'm up on my year there, and pretty much tired of the place.  Don't get me wrong - I love the people.  However, it does come down to chit-chat, "check out my wonderful new auction site", "need some drugs/handbags" and "can you help me find a dropshipper" way too much of the time.  Oh well, if I spend less time gabbing I'll be spending more time developing.

I like this place.  You can see right on the index what topics have replies, and who did the replying.  Useful for a quick read on what's going on.  However, you guys should really think about adding some smileys.
Pages: 1 2