TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Design of Many ECommerce Web Sites May Not Appeal to Women
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The resulting data revealed men and women have drastically different thoughts on what makes a good Web site, but most online retailers and universities in the United Kingdom have been creating pages that cater almost exclusively to men.

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/ebiz/45409.html
Like Jay said... If you spent more time selling, you would have less time to dig up these sort of facts.  >Big Grin
SHHHH ANITA....I"M TRYING TO" FIND OUT IF 'the color red" IS MASCULINE OR FEMININE.

I though it was a good study because even if a site's web designer is female, the odds are the design will be somewhat influenced by the design of existing web sites ...most of which have design elements that appeal more to males than females.

...and hey, if people can spend a month deciding which shade of plum to use  Dazed008 , they sure can spend a few minutes to make sure that their site design will appeal to their site's targeted user gender.  Big Grin  :twistedevil:

Yeah, sure.

On a side note, these words by your name just struck me as funny...  "Full Member"  Do you have any smiles for that???!!!!

Gawd, you are a bad influence!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=191.msg761#msg761 date=1124169993]
"Full Member"  Do you have any smiles for that???!!!!

Gawd, you are a bad influence!
[/quote]

:blinkie: :Smile

click here
Happy001
:blinkie: