TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Today's Reasons Why Marketworks SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reason #1. No Marketworks-hosted photos are appearing in Marketworks stores (we checked our store and Ginger's)    ...we have a few photos hosted on our server and those are appearing--whoopdefrikindoo.  Angryfire

Reason #2 (this one has been ongoing since late Sunday night)  Angryfire

Quote: Images Not Appearing on Auctions
UPDATE on 8/16 @ 5:51pm ET: We are still experiencing intermittent latency issues with images. The same issue is also tied in to slowing down some core pieces of functionality (as such, your Inventory Page and StoreFront may experience some increased slowness). We are still working on a resolution, and will update this announcement when we have more information.

We are currently experiencing an issue with images not appearing on auctions. The actual issue is that images are taking a long time to load, and are even timing out alltogether.

We are investigating this issue, and hope to have a resolution shortly. As soon as the issue is resolved, we will update this Announcement.

Reason #3 (although with no photos, sales are unlikely so the auction finalization part of this announcement is meaningless )  Angryfire

Quote:8/16/2005 6:41:00 PM 
Auction Finalizations and Launches Backed up (3 Hours)
We're currently backed up 3 hours on auction finalizations and launches. This is related to the slowness and image hosting problems that we're experiencing. Our team is currently trying to resolve all of these issues, but we expect these processes to be backed up 3 hours for the next 12-18 hours.

Reason #4 (ongoing since late Saturday)  Angryfire

60% of the auctions we attempt to launch to Yahoo are failing.  100% of the auctions we actually manage to launch to Yahoo result in us receiving an error message email (although since this has been happening since Memoria Day we are used to an endless stream of emails in our inbox).

Reason #5  BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead BangHead
Quote:Reason #5  BangHeadBangHead BangHeadBangHead BangHeadBangHead

Boo Fuckin'  Hoo, someone isn't getting any work done.  Common051

Gen074
Fixed #1, #2
Not Fixed #3, #4.  Long launch delays today this week :Smile
Today's Reason Why MarketWorks Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!:  1/2 of the auctions we're launching to Overstock tonight are launching without any pictures  Angryfire

Since Memorial Day MarketWorks has made eBay seem almost glitch free by comparison.  :blinkie:  :Smile  Before then the service was actually very good, but their infrastructure seems incapable of handling the added load from Overstock and they were apparently caught completely off-guard by the surge in listings to Yahoo after Yahoo eliminated fees.  :Smile

p.s. anyone who is thinking of signing up for MarketWorks, I'd either wait until they get their act together or find a different auction management service.
Quote:You will be redirected to a new Auctionworks maintenance page that will provide additional information for the development team.

If you are still here in 3 seconds click on this link Redirect Maintenance Page Now

That is what I get when I try to go to my MW store. Angry9 Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire BangHead BangHead BangHead

Here's what is says upon redirect -
Quote:Service Unavailable
[quote author=ginger link=topic=201.msg827#msg827 date=1124405153]
Quote:You will be redirected to a new Auctionworks maintenance page that will provide additional information for the development team.

If you are still here in 3 seconds click on this link Redirect Maintenance Page Now

That is what I get when I try to go to my MW store. Angry9 Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire BangHead BangHead BangHead

Here's what is says upon redirect -
Quote:Service Unavailable
[/quote]

Yep, Marketworks is now completely down.  The site being completely down really hasn't made a difference in its performance though.  :Smile  :twistedevil: BangHead

They've been having problems all day.  They still haven't fixed the problem of pictures not appearing in auctions, but they did update the announcement to say "we're working on it but have no idea what's causing it"

Launch delays of 2-3 hours to Overstock and Yahoo again...nice since we had items scheduled to launch today to Y every 5 minutes from 12:01am to 11:59 pm and every 10 minutes to Overstock...
Can we start today's party early?   Occasion18  Smileypartyfest

Scheduled Overstock launches and relaunches currently launching 7 hours late  :blinkie:
[quote author=amy link=topic=201.msg833#msg833 date=1124444362]
Can we start today's party early?  Occasion18  Smileypartyfest

Scheduled Overstock launches and relaunches currently launching 7 hours late  :blinkie:
[/quote]

You forgot these:  we have Overstock auctions from 15 hours ago that still haven't finalized and none of our auctions which should have automatically relisted today were relaunched.  :Smile Smileyyellowbang BangHead

On the (very very big) plus side, using Marketworks allows us to run our 400+ daily 1-day auctions  for free until September 30th  Toothy10  Smile
:Smile :Smile
8/20/2005 10:28:00 AM 
Quote:Auction Finalizations backed up
Due to last night's maintenance window, we're currently 8-9 hours backed up with the finalization of auctions. .... If you have customers that want to checkout immediately then tell them to go to www.marketworks.com/pay.asp.

BangHead BangHead
I HATE Marketworks as a buyer.  I quit slamming them when ProStores came out because it seemed so many people were trying to make a choice between ProStores and Marketworks.  I had to pick the lessor of the two evils.  Tongue3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7