TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Todays Reasons Why eBay SUCKS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Pink Moira... What a piece of work she is!
Her response as to why and how listings are pulled.
---
Again, millions of items are listed on eBay and much fewer customer support representatives, the CSRs who review the listings have a split second to make a decision. They don't have 10 minutes to look at each of your listings and send you a personal email outlining the problems with it. They just end the one that was referred to them and any others that look like it.
It isn't personal, it is based on the facts and a split second decision.

Moira@ebay.com

---

Guys, I appreciate your frustration but a listing that is violating policy is worth one second, maybe two.
Moira@ebay.com

---

Do the eBay employee name tags looks like this?   Iamwithstupid
eBay was going to start NOT refunding listings that they pull.  Is that in effect yet?  If so, that is a VERY strong reason for eBay to pull listings on a whim.  Lots of revenue for eBay!

edited to add more b*tching.
The original announcement for eBay's latest way to boost revenues just said "later this summer"

Quote:New Enforcement Consequences and Mitigation – Later this summer, we will be adding three new consequence guidelines that that we believe will both create a more level playing field for the majority of members who follow the rules, as well as encourage compliance with marketplace policies. Soon, members who violate policy may also be subject to:

2. Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings – Later this year, sellers who violate policies could lose their listing fees. We believe this will encourage policy compliance and help create a more level playing field for the majority of good sellers who follow policy.
  3. ....

I like the "will both create a more level playing field" comment.  I'll believe that when I start seeing eBay actually enforce its policies evenly and start pulling listings of certain PeSa members without notice like they do to everyone else.
This ought to get eBay's panties in a twist!  The scum sucking unethical aspholes...

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000047825&tstart=0&mod=1124379554979
I'd forgotten about the upcoming  report button on the listing pages  :Smile  :blinkie: until I saw this post:

Quote:Now eBay is searching auctions to close them down, with or without cause, and keeping the listing fees. Just wait until the report button is placed on actual auction pages. Maybe it will be better to just send eBay money and list someplace else.

http://www.otwa.com/community/showpost.php?p=285738&postcount=9
Amazing! They really ARE serious about not refunding listing fees for pulled auctions?!

So--in accordance with Moira's explanation, does that mean they just automatically believe every complaint they receive, then pull the auction? I mean, if it's only worth one second of their time...  you get the drift.

So--basically, in a few months, the eBay marketplace will be like this:

Competitor A with some time on his hands reports Competitor B and C to eBay once in a while, to get auctions that compete with his shut down.

Competitor B has LOTS of time on his hands, and reports ALL of A and Cs auctions, all the time to eBay using the handy new "report" button--thereby ending most of them, most of the time and garnering his market.

Competitor C gets NARUed because too many of his auctions have been ended for rules violations.

And so on...

(and then there's Competitor E, over at PeSA).  ^-^
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=207.msg823#msg823 date=1124397788]
Amazing! They really ARE serious about not refunding listing fees for pulled auctions?!

So--in accordance with Moira's explanation, does that mean they just automatically believe every complaint they receive, then pull the auction? I mean, if it's only worth one second of their time...  you get the drift.

So--basically, in a few months, the eBay marketplace will be like this:

Competitor A with some time on his hands reports Competitor B and C to eBay once in a while, to get auctions that compete with his shut down.

Competitor B has LOTS of time on his hands, and reports ALL of A and Cs auctions, all the time to eBay using the handy new "report" button--thereby ending most of them, most of the time and garnering his market.

Competitor C gets NARUed because too many of his auctions have been ended for rules violations.

And so on...

(and then there's Competitor E, over at PeSA).  ^-^
[/quote]

This should make for an interesting holiday season dont you think ... Oh I can hardly wait  :Smile

Angel  Angel1
[quote author=Anita link=topic=207.msg806#msg806 date=1124370614]

Do the eBay employee name tags looks like this?  Iamwithstupid

[/quote]

Nope they look like this:Hello, my name is Moira.  I AM Stupid.  Welcome to eBay.  Icon_geek
eBay's UPI wording STINKS!  If you want to send a friendly reminder to your buyer that they haven't paid yet... be ready to totally tick 'em off!

If you check the box "Buyer hasn't paid," eBay sends them an e-mail stating that the seller said "Buyer REFUSES to pay." 

eBay mentioned in MAY 2005 that the wording would be changed.  This is October folks!

If you want to read the smoke Colin is trying to blow up our butts, here's the post:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000102352&tstart=0&mod=1129169517355

PS:  It is amazing when someone slams eBay in the title of a post how a Pink comes out of the woodwork to respond.
Quote: It is amazing when someone slams eBay in the title of a post how a Pink comes out of the woodwork to respond.

eBay's Community Development pinks exist solely to keep the  Smileykoolaid flowing and make sure the illusion of Happy Benevolent Camp eBay is perpetuated.  umm--translation: their job is public relations (and reporting back to their bosses on any problems they see developing in camp happyland).

Quote:eBay's UPI wording STINKS!

eBay's wording in most of the emails they send out STINKS.

Lets face it. eBay just plain SUCKS.
The double speak BS will come back and bite them.
Hell it already is. They have Pizzed off so many of us and the cycle just continues.
I feel bad for the newbies out there thinking feebay is their partner in biz. Big Grin

My carts are up and my Merch. Account is now functioning properly as of this afternoon.
PP shopping carts to pay for my wares will disappear from my website with-in the next 24 hours.
On all my other auctions and sites soon after that. If all goes well PP will be one part of feebay that will be gone by years end for me.

I'm so tired of jumping through their hoops and knowing that some day soon my number will come up and PP will freeze some of my $$$. This last BIG order I took and shipped yesterday may be the one. I'm also tired of jumping through feebay's hoops. Telling us what we can and can't do.

Thefinger feebay

I've already started the process and I feel so much better knowing that less of my $$$ will be going into the hands of Meg and the ebay empior in any form. Low cost leaders and more creative ways to drive traffic to my website away from feebay will be and ALWAYS has, been my goal.

I do have to note that as it is going now, not much effort has been needed to do just that.

As I keep saying, more and more are leaving feebay and searching for web sites to buy with confidence.

The only thing that mentions ebay on my site will be the feedback link in tiny letters on the bottom of my pages and as time goes by. They too may disappear as well. I'm just real proud to have been there 6 years and still have 100% +.

Oh one other thing. When they canceled my listings after F!@#$ boy was reporting BS violations
a few weeks back.
FEEBAY DID credit my listing fees back to me. Speaking of F!@#$ boy. He just got another NEG from a buyer then retaliated with a nasty neg in return.  Toothy9
16 in less than six months and his carp. It ain't selling very well either.

Got to love Karma Tongue8

Pages: 1 2