TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Thoughts From A Rejected TOASA Applicant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A post from a rejected TOAST applicant on the REAL Overstock Message Board on theAuctionMan.  Includes a copy of the rejection letter she received from TOAST   
http://www.theauctionman.info/forum/view...php?t=1161

Here we have another Overstock seller bidding adieu to Overstock on their Overstock homepage:
Quote:Reason for my Departure

It all started with the TM/BS program, and finally I was totally blown away when TOASA plagerized a groups effort to be recognized on Overstock.  ie.. OASA which began in April of 2005..  Overstock basically took away our rights of free speech...
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...AGE=MYHOME&USRID=8073695

A post started by a rejected TOAST applicant on the think positive kool-aid TOAST clique's message board:

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...php?t=9727&highlight=%2A&sid=9676d49a31f6f17fca21472138f5cd8d

quote from TOAST executive board member:

Quote:If they want to be a part of what we are trying to do then they need to change if they don't want to change don't join it's very simple.

Finally, back to the REAL Overstock board on theauctionman where a rejected seller says:

Quote:I knew before I applied that I wouldn't be accepted, especially after a seller, who I considered to be a friend, basically told me to keep my mouth shut, on O and off, if I wanted to have a chance at being in this exclusive little 'good old boys' club they've set up over there.

Another seller chimes in with:

Quote:Trusted is not the word I would use to describe a group that appears to be
narrow-minded, judgemental, intolerant and vindictive. Not to
mention that the name is a direct rip-off of an earlier grass roots
organization called OASA. The founder of that was rejected by
TOASA as well.

Happy001
All I know is, the many probing questions that are demanded of a potential TOASA member is a big turn-off to me. Big time.

It's not worth it to me to even apply.
Its the criteria that isn't listed on the official list of questions but which members of TOASA's board have stated they are using that is a huge turn-off for me: namely the whole "no criticism allowed" when posting on forums  (either on or off Overstock) criteria.  I have a hard time seeing where  forum posting has any bearing on selling.  When I saw one of their executive board post  "we only want positive people, if you're negative don't bother applying" and then define a negative person as "someone with an opposing viewpoint"...eeek...no thanks.

I'd love to see an actual sellers' association (that would work for the interests of all sellers...unlike ummm PeSA), but this one is nothing more than a Smileykoolaid  board popularity contest. I give it a few months before it collapses.
Quote:I have a hard time seeing where  forum posting has any bearing on selling.  When I saw one of their executive board post  "we only want positive people, if you're negative don't bother applying" and then define a negative person as "someone with an opposing viewpoint"...eeek...no thanks.

Exactly. Not to sound too dramatic here, but it all seems really fascist.
Is the Toasa board private or can anyone read what has been posted?  Maybe I could sneak in the back door and report back.  Tongue1  I've never posted on any of Overstock's boards, so I wouldn't have a bad reputation yet.    >Big Grin
They would SPOT you in a second. Anita.  Thumbsup
I dunno. I betcha BBH will know the answer to that.
BBH does seem to know their way around so  yea. I'm sure they would know. Wave
Hey, Xppman! Where have you been?
[quote author=Anita link=topic=211.msg850#msg850 date=1124497451]
Is the Toasa board private or can anyone read what has been posted?  Maybe I could sneak in the back door and report back.   Tongue1  I've never posted on any of Overstock's boards, so I wouldn't have a bad reputation yet.    >Big Grin
[/quote]

Toasa has a public forum on the Overstock Boards (the moderators of the Toasa board on Overstock are also Toasa's governing body).  I'm fairly sure that Toasa also has a hidden private forum on the Overstock boards for members (Marketworks and Pesa also have super duper secret hidden forums on the O message boards).

Quote:I've never posted on any of Overstock's boards, so I wouldn't have a bad reputation yet

You posted on this thread.  You now have a bad reputation.  Smile  Toasa has rejected applications from people because of things that were said on off-Overstock boards. 

The public forum is here:

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/viewforum.php?f=76
Pages: 1 2 3