TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ebay Verifies IDs??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to sign up for a posting ID so I could get into even MORE trouble on eBay's Boards.  I gave a non-free e-mail addy.  eBay requested a cc number for verification. 

Is eBay finally tightening up?
Hmm, looks like it.  They just asked for my card too.

Edited to add:  The help pages still have the old info:

Quote:If you register using a Web-based ("anonymous") email address, such as an email address from Yahoo! or Hotmail, you'll need to place a valid credit card number on file to verify your identity. Your card will be used for identification only and will not be charged. If you don't want to place a credit card on file, you'll need to register with an email address from a company or paid Internet Service Provider, such as AOL.
I am STUNNED.  eBay actually came up with a GOOD enhancement!!  For the first time ever, I am speechless.
If it is an enhancement and they're requiring all new users to verify with a credit card its great, but since its eBay this is probably only a temporary glitch.  :twistedevil:  Even if they require a credit card, they still should do something to limit the ability of people to register huge numbers of posting IDs...like this new registrant
Quote:If it is an enhancement and they're requiring all new users to verify with a credit card its great, but since its eBay this is probably only a temporary glitch.    :twistedevil:

Laughing4

Interesting info...guess I need to try it out lol  Wink

Angel  Angel1
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=217.msg874#msg874 date=1124594420]
If it is an enhancement and they're requiring all new users to verify with a credit card its great, but since its eBay this is probably only a temporary glitch.  :twistedevil:  Even if they require a credit card, they still should do something to limit the ability of people to register huge numbers of posting IDs...like this new registrant
[/quote]

BBH,
You are helping eBay's numbers with all the IDs!  Wink
You can't hide on us BBH no matter how many ID's you get, we'll still know it's you Happy001
I think this has been around for a while.  I only have 2 paid email accounts and both have eBay IDs connected to them.  I wanted to add a posting ID with my yahoo email and it asked me to verify with a CC over a year ago. 
[quote author=scarboroughseaashells link=topic=217.msg1096#msg1096 date=1125367148]
I think this has been around for a while.  I only have 2 paid email accounts and both have eBay IDs connected to them.  I wanted to add a posting ID with my yahoo email and it asked me to verify with a CC over a year ago. 
[/quote]

I was using a PAID e-mail account and eBay still asked for a cc.