TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Top 30: Ranked By Negative Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
There are many charts that rank eBay's top sellers based on their total unique positive feedback score, but as a buyer I tend to pay more attention to the negatives a seller has received than the positives and so I thought a chart ranked by most unique negatives would be more useful for buyers like me  Smile

Strangely enough, the sellers with the most negative feedbacks are also the ones that eBay refers to as its best sellers and tries the hardest to keep.  Dontknow  Perhaps this is why many buyers (including myself) now avoid buying on eBay.

Top 30 eBay Negative Feedback Scores

unique negatives      positive feedback %
1. bargainland-liquidation        19,774                  89.1%
2. abebooks-half                        12,820                93.3%
3. bargaindepot04                      11,416                    92.5%
4. totalcampus.com                    11,408                  92.9%  NARU *BANKRUPT*
5. buyessex                              10, 331                94.9%  NARU
6. casacaiman                            9,658                    96.0%
7. everydaysource                      7,330                      98.1%
8. eforcity                                6,948                      98.0%
9. itrimming                              6,722                      97.9%
10. accstation                            6,595                      98.1%
11. moviemarz                            5,483                      98.1%
12. megabuys.com                      5,336                    95.9% NARU
13.crazyprices-half                      5,134                    95.4%
14. mombocom                          4,965                    96.2%  NARU
15. jewelrybyezra                        4,925                    94.2%  NARU
16. justdeals.com                        4,702                    98.0%
17. adamhersh                            4,675                    96.5%  3,140 mutual withdrawals
18. digitalwebtronics                    3,821                      96.9%
*19. sell2all                                  3,798                      96.9%  PeSA Board of Directors *BANKRUPT*
20. procarparts.com                    3,783                      97.0%
21. evalueville                            3,672                      95.3%
22. mr.mobile                              3,396                      98.5%
*23. jay.andmarie                          3,370                      98.8%  PeSA Committee Chair, Moderators
24. bargains4less                        3,297                      96.0%
25. glacierbaydvd                        3,168                  98.8%  NARU *BANKRUPT*
26.  alibris                                3,109                      97.9%
27. olly_trading!                          2.943                      97.8%
28. greatbuybooks                      2,889                      98.1%
29. kmak333                              2,854                      97.5%[color=red]
[color=red]30. onando                        2,547                    98.6%  NARU

last updated 5/29/2006

*according to PeSA: "Our Core Values:  PESA is devoted to promoting the highest levels of professionalism, fairness, honesty, and integrity with respect to online trade" :Smile   

Add another to jay.andmarie . . . . guess today wasn't a good day Bootyshake

LOL - the word filter here automatically replaces jay.andmarie with "Keyword spammers" if you take the period out.
:blinkie:

Wow and I used to worry about getting just 1 lol  Wink

Angel  Angel1
Yeh, me too Angel, how many times have we seen posts on ebay stores board about a person totally in a tizzy because they got their first negative feedback. Confusedmileystuffhappens:
[quote author=snugglypuppy link=topic=219.msg892#msg892 date=1124692906]
Yeh, me too Angel, how many times have we seen posts on ebay stores board about a person totally in a tizzy because they got their first negative feedback. Confusedmileystuffhappens:
[/quote]

How many times have we seen posts on the eBay stores board about a person totally in a tizzy because they got their first neutral feedback.  Smile
So my question would be: why do people buy from these sellers? Why set themselves up for the hassle? ???
[quote author=Michelle link=topic=219.msg4382#msg4382 date=1131284026]
So my question would be: why do people buy from these sellers? Why set themselves up for the hassle? ???
[/quote]

I don't think the average eBay buyer bothers to look at a seller's feedback page to see how many negatives the seller has and to read the comments the seller has received (and left for buyers). The average/inexperienced buyer sees a feedback score of over 100,000 and thinks they're buying from a reliable seller.  They see a feedback percentage of 97% and think its great because they don't realize that in eBayland 97% is bad.

Bargainland (now with over 16,800 negatives) uses a "ranked 5th on eBay, 470,000 positive feedbacks' graphic as the gallery picture in all of their listings.  Buyers doing a search or browsing are impressed when they see the 'ranked 5th on eBay' gallery pic and head to Bargainland's listings...in the process bypassing all of the sellers w/FB% in the +99% range.
True.  And then if they have a bad experience with the fifth ranked or the first ranked or the second ranked, etc etc etc, it puts all of us in a poor light.  IF the fifth ranked couldn't perform any better than that for the customer, the 100,000th ranked doesn't have a chance.

Rob
It has always been my opinion that ebay's feedback is basically a joke anyway. I know many people who haven't left negative feedback for a seller that truly deserves it for fear of retaliatory feedback, including myself.

One time I won the bid on a set of 8 beautiful glass goblets from the 60s. Boy, I was so excited to get them. Well, when the package arrived that excitement totally disappeared. The goblets were in a box that was barely big enough to hold them and each one was wrapped in a plastic grocery store bag. 4 out of the 8 were broken. I emailed the seller about the broken goblets and her response was - 'too bad, you should have puchased insurance'! I responded saying purchasing insurance in this instance wouldn't have done any good because the damage was due to poor packaging, not poor handling on the post office's part. Her next email was really nasty. She insisted the packaging was fine and she would not refund any part of the payment. The story goes on, but it illustrates my point about negative feedback (I didn't leave her any feedback). Perhaps, if ebay's feedback system were accurate, I would never have purchased the goblets from this seller.

I wonder how many negatives bargainland-liquidation, totalcampus.com, abebooks-half, buyessex, bargaindepot04, etc. would really have if buyers weren't intimidated about leaving honest feedback?   
As a seller I don't leave feedback until feedback is left for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6