TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: ***Coming Soon: Cross-Promotion Connections***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:August 22, 2005 | 01:55PM PST/PT

In the next few days, we will introduce a new, optional feature that allows you to connect with other eBay sellers to cross-promote each other’s items. With the Cross-Promotion Connections feature, you can request a connection with any seller you know and trust, and have full control over whether to accept any requests sent to you.

Once a buyer makes a purchase from you, they will first see promotions for your other items in places such as the Bid or BIN Confirmation page and the closed item page as they do today. And now, in a separate section, they will also see up to 5 items from sellers you have added to your connection network. This separate section will only display if you have added other eBay sellers to your connection network.

You can manage which sellers you are connected to, how their items are selected, and end a connection at any time within the My Account section of My eBay. If you don’t want to receive any requests from other members, you can opt-out within your Preferences in My eBay.
WTH?  ???  The only reason I could think this would be cool is if you had more than one eBay seller account.
[quote author=ginger link=topic=229.msg918#msg918 date=1124756153]
WTH?  ???  The only reason I could think this would be cool is if you had more than one eBay seller account.
[/quote]

Fine, be that way! See if I add you to my cross promo buddy list! :angry017:

I actually think this could be one of those rare ebay enhancements that is useful.  Let's say you sell bird seed, you have a friend who sells bird feeders and another friend who sells bird cages...
oh yeh BBH you want MEG to be your buddy  Smileylol Hello2
Omg can you see all the glitches  :Smile

Angel  Angel1
Remember when a german seller hacked eBay, and his stuff started showing up in everybody else's store?

I have a feeling it won't be long and people will notice they're accidentally cross-promoting some scam seller.

Quote:See if I add you to my cross promo buddy list!
Fine!

Would you like a cigar humidor to go with that hot wheel you just bought? Happy001

:gingersmiley:
Ginger-- Happy001

The only way I could see it would be good would be in very particular circumstances. Let's say I sell fine art "repro" print posters  Icon_thumleft  and Ginger sells handmade wooden art frames--but I don't. And she doesn't sell posters. If the items are beneficial or supportive to one another, it *might* be helpful to cross-pollinate.

Or, we could also offer our customers cigar humidors with hotwheels cars, dice, anime posters, lingere, and toe rings.
BBH Where are you, I thought you jump on my great suggestion Wav

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=229.msg922#msg922 date=1124762452]

I actually think this could be one of those rare ebay enhancements that is useful.  Let's say you sell bird seed, you have a friend who sells bird feeders and another friend who sells bird cages...
[/quote]

Who wants to be the one to sell the bird sh!t?
Pages: 1 2