TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Is eBay Intentionally Ripping Off Its Customers In Order To Inflate Its Revenues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since eBay instituted its new policy of not issuing refunds when it cancels sellers listings there has been a sudden "mysterious" rise in the number of listings being cancelled by eBay, and many of the listings that are being cancelled do not contain any apparent policy violations.

p.s. If you have lost money or have lost customers because your listings were cancelled by eBay without a valid reason, you can fight back: 1. file a BBB complaint  2. file a complaint with your state's attorney general 3. file a complaint with the FTC...in other words file, file, file if you feel eBay has stolen your listing dollars.  Smile

Here's another 150 listings cancelled by eBay:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000019909
I believe ebay’s numbers have NOT been what they have "officially reported" for some time now.
However they have, and must continue to do what ever possible to get the REAL numbers where
they said they were or are. Even Meg realizes that eventually, someone other than “in her pocket”
auditing companies are going to take a long look.
I can’t wait to see that day.
yet another cancellation excuse: COA's.  3 auctions cancelled because the artist's listing said "Includes Certificate of Authenticity" but did not explicitly state that the COA was signed.....uh duh everyone except a moron ebay employee would know that if a COA is included it means signed...not blank.

http://www.otwa.com/community/showthread.php?t=33099

I bet 3 cent store listings are not being bothered by this.
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=249.msg1056#msg1056 date=1125210059]

[/quote]

It seems to be mainly auction listings but there have been some store listings.

The real fun should start when eBay adds the 'report' button to auction listing pages just in time for the holiday selling season and your competitor decides to put you out of business by reporting all of your listings...daily.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=249.msg1068#msg1068 date=1125267986]
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=249.msg1056#msg1056 date=1125210059]

[/quote]

It seems to be mainly auction listings but there have been some store listings.

The real fun should start when eBay adds the 'report' button to auction listing pages just in time for the holiday selling season and your competitor decides to put you out of business by reporting all of your listings...daily.
[/quote]

There are report buttons on Amazon, but I haven't heard of any problems.  Amazon actually reads the report and gets back to the one doing the reporting.

Oh, but you were referring to eBay! 
It is getting absolutely ridiculous and is totally out of control. It is only the small sellers that are getting nailed though not the big guys that line ebay's pockets, but what's new. Sign12 Sign12 Sign12 Sign12