TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MP3.com/Linspire Founder Launches Free Microsoft Word Competitor AjaxWrite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:What if there was alternative for Microsoft Word that would install and open in 6 seconds, read and write Microsoft Word .doc files and run on Macintosh, Microsoft Windows or Linux computers? And oh yeah, it was FREE so consumers didn't have to pay $499 for Microsoft Office. I'm excited to announce that day is here.

My plan is to replace bloated, expensive PC software with a system that dynamically loads software to your computer when you need it and at no cost. Want to write a document? One click and you'll have a word processor at your fingertips. Need to create a financial model? Click, and a spreadsheet program is at your service. The software will always be up to date and run on any Mac/Win/Lin computer.

With this mission I quietly formed a new company last year and set about realizing our first products. I became the CEO and have been working with my team to build our cornerstone applications, the first of which we're launching today.
Introducing ajaxWrite, a completely web-based AJAX platform

ajaxWrite is a powerful word processor that can read and write Microsoft Word formatted documents. ..

full article: http://www.michaelrobertson.com/archive....ute_id=206