TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: BidChaser to require credit card ID verification from buyers starting May 1st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Bidchaser currently requires indentity verification only from merchant members (sellers).  We are preparing to increase our security
policies, including a requirement that all members go through an identity verification process.  We plan to implement this change in
policy effective May 1st, 2006.

We will post information regarding additional verification methods on the Bidchaser announcement boards as these become
available.  We currently offer verification by having our members supply information from a valid Master Card or Visa account (free of
charge).  This information is processed securely through the Authorize.net service. 

As an alternative, we also offer verification process for members who use the PayPal system (this verification process incurs a $1.00
processing fee).

As part of this change, we will require that all members provide accurate and complete registration information.  To continue as a
member in good standing, please take a moment to review and update your profile information by logging to your bidchaser account:

http://bidchaser.com/user_login.php

And then selecting "My Profile" from the Account Management sub-menu.

As a measure to protect our membership and further prevent fraud, we will close any accounts that contain false, incomplete or
non-verifiable profile information after May 1st, 2006.

Sincerely,

Leonardo Cunha
Webmaster, Bidchaser.com
http://www.bidchaser.com
This policy won't change anything.  BidChaser doesn't have any buyers so the only members they'll be verifying are sellers.    :twistedevil:

On another note...look at that...BidChaser is now requiring you to sign in to read posts (i.e. complaints) on their forum.  Laughing4

What amazes me is everyone moaned and groaned about B-A doing a $1 PP verification, and now everyone is doing it! I think its hilarious!
I'll still moan and groan about sites having PayPal only verification.  ;D because I don't think PayPal's verification of its users is very good (in fact I think their verification is crap).

The best verification (as in most likely to reduce fraud) I've seen is on the UK sites QXL and CQOut.  Both sites require CC verification but they also require the following before you can list your first item:

QXL- they snail mail you a verification code (p.o. boxes are not acceptable) and you have to wait to sell until you receive it in the mail and input it on their web site (QXL's system also automatically permanently suspends any user whose feedback hits -1 ).

CQOut- their seller program is probably the most stringent.  You need to snail mail them an actual utility bill (no copies allowed) along with a few other things

TradeMe used to require a NZ$10 verification fee for international sellers (they have since decided to only allow New Zealand residents and Australia residents with NZ bank accounts to sell on their site).
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3219.msg11961#msg11961 date=1144353612]

QXL- they snail mail you a verification code (p.o. boxes are not acceptable) and you have to wait to sell until you receive it in the mail and input it on their web site (QXL's system also automatically permanently suspends any user whose feedback hits -1 ).

CQOut- their seller program is probably the most stringent.  You need to snail mail them an actual utility bill (no copies allowed) along with a few other things

TradeMe used to require a NZ$10 verification fee for international sellers (they have since decided to only allow New Zealand residents and Australia residents with NZ bank accounts to sell on their site).
[/quote]

eBay will never do anything like that.  They make too much money off folks who see a late night infomercial promising great riches to new eBay sellers, sign up with a drop shipper, and spend a gazillion dollars in eBay fees in the first week listing items that don't ever actually sell.

...and then when the items don't sell eBay convinces them that an eBay Store will solve all of their problems and makes a few more dollars off them...and then it's on to the featured store sales pitch.