TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: CSS versus Tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Before tables came along, the web was a pretty dull place. Using tables for layout opened up new vistas of possibilities of visually "designing" a page. It could well be argued that table based layout was responsible for the popularity of the web and the field of web design.

Worse still, over the last few years, table based layout has come under severe criticism and was widely demonized. Web purists claim that tables were never meant for layout so one shouldn't use them for such. A rapidly progressive hype seems to be in the air all around.

Reality behind the hype

Despite the fact that pioneers have been talking about web standards for a long time, the majority of web sites are still developed using tables and non standards compliant code...

full article: http://www.webpronews.com/expertarticles...rends.html
Quote:the majority of web sites are still developed using tables and non standards compliant code

Why do I get the idea that fingers are being pointed at me?  :-[ Laughing7
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3222.msg11718#msg11718 date=1143911000]
Why do I get the idea that fingers are being pointed at me?  :-[ Laughing7
[/quote]

Because you still complain about graphics designers!

If you paid attention to web standards, properly seperating structure from presentation, you'd have instantly better-looking, easier-to-edit sites without having to blame anybody.

Blaming things on the designers is soooooo last millenium.