TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What Offends Site Visitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article from September issue of Internet Retailer

http://www.internetretailer.com/article.asp?id=15986
Here's my own personal list . . .
  • Scrolling text
  • Poorly done animation
  • Blinking anything
  • Text that is hard to read against the background
  • Text that is hard to read because it's in some obscure font
  • Disorganized layouts
  • Purposeless sound - especially if I wasn't expecting it and the speakers are turned up
  • Waiting an eternity for the content below a huge, non-optimized graphic to load
  • Anything that makes me have to squint.  I don't know if I'm young or old today, but squinting causes wrinkles.

Jen
Big blinking/flashing whales  >Big Grin  Wink

Angel  Angel12
Quote:You’re going to lose my business if your web site experience is annoying.
That is a very true statement.

A lot of things tend to bother me a little like popups, frames, harsh colors and clutter but sometimes depending on the site I might put up with it.

What really irks me is:

- music on the site (as soon as I hear music I am out of there)
- some sites have a talking "greeter" verbally saying welcome, etc (just as annoying as music).
Going beyond the look of the site, I'm turned off by any negative statements. Usually the refund policy has some, like "absolutely no refunds". Tard A lot of negative words, like: no, can't, don't, etc. You can ALWAYS make something that's potentially negative sound like a positive, if you word it properly. Customer service is probably the most important for me.  Toothy9
What Offends Site Visitors 

Or who?  BBH can usually do a pretty good job!  :twistedevil:
:blinkie:
Quote: the need to install extra software to use site features, 89%; :angry017:

also popups  :angry017:
Popups? I use a popup killer so I don't see most (although the odd one sneaks up but not too often).  I couldn't imagine surfing the net without a popup stopper as I remember how annoying that was before I had it.
also Testimonials on the home page of online stores  ;D
Pages: 1 2