TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay changing feedback system ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.otwa.com/community/showthread.php?t=39770

Highlights - according to a survey sent to a *newly* registered buyer, eBay is apparently considering changing the feedback system. 

eBay is considering redesigning the Feedback Profile page to help us serve your needs better. Your input will help provide direction.

Buyers will be able to:

Leave an overall feedback rating of positive, neutral, and negative for sellers. This rating becomes visible as soon as the buyer leaves it.
Leave additional feedback on a 5-point scale, rating sellers on issues such as:
Communication by seller
Item received was as described by seller
Cost of shipping and handling charged by seller
hipping time for item received

This additional feedback will become visible to the seller only after the seller has left an overall feedback rating for the buyer. Sellers will only be able to give an overall feedback rating to buyers.
If the extra rating fields were only visible by the seller I'd like the idea, but I think it will lead to more confusion amongst buyers.  A large number of buyers already don't understand feedback percentages--to a casual ebay user 96% might sound good.

Overstock is a good example of a site that has added extra ratings fields to feedback that no one understands.  Ask a SELLER what a loyalty leader is and most of them will say Huh?  Most buyers don't understand the different ratings.

Quote:Personal Rating: 5.0
Business Rating: 1493.7
Repeat Rating: 4524/2561/57% Loyalty Leader
Positive Ratings: 99%

Many buyers on Overstock also have trouble leaving feedback because they don't understand Overstock's 5 different feedback ratings: 2 thumbs down, 1 thumb down, neutral, 1 thumb up, 2 thumbs up.

eBay's idea is good on the surface, but it would hurt as much as it helps due to the resulting confusion it would cause.  I also have a problem with the shipping cost fields--eBay buyers are notorious for thinking that they're being ripped off if your shipping and handling fee is a penny over the postage on the package.

Quote:eBay's idea is good on the surface, but it would hurt as much as it helps due to the resulting confusion it would cause.  I also have a problem with the shipping cost fields--eBay buyers are notorious for thinking that they're being ripped off if your shipping and handling fee is a penny over the postage on the package.

OMG!!  Dazed012  I agree completely!  Why are they asking NEWBIE USERS for their opinions on anything?  Are they out of their minds ??

The whole thing on further feedback is insane! It's outright extortion on the buyer's part to leave negative extra feedback if the seller leaves less than positive for the buyer.  Shipping time rating?  So, now the seller is responsible for USPS or UPS or FedEx shipping times?  OMG!!
Puke
Good god. *shudder* Just like the new report button, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

My only hope is that most people are too lazy (and people, in general, are VERY lazy) to read anything past the overall rating.
Why is this necessary?  BangHead
Quote:Shipping time for item received

Happy001 2funny  Happy001

If eBay wants buyers to have a shipping time rating that would actually be meaningful and reflect on the seller's performance (instead of the performance of UPS/USPS), they should consider stealing GEMM's 'time to ship' rating which shows the number of days from when a buyer pays until the seller throws the item in the mailbox.

Quote:I think it will lead to more confusion amongst buyers

Ditto, more confusion, more retaliatory feedback/feedback blackmail.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=3353.msg12277#msg12277 date=1144867865]
Good god. *shudder* Just like the new report button, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

[/quote]

My competition will be history!  :twistedevil:  just kidding.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3353.msg12287#msg12287 date=1144881889]
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=3353.msg12277#msg12277 date=1144867865]

[/quote]

My competition will be history!  :twistedevil:  just kidding.
[/quote]

It will give feedback bombers more material to work with when they set out to destroy your reputation.  Laughing7 :blinkie:
*sigh*

eBay should quit trying to come up with new carp.
Quote:It's outright extortion on the buyer's part to leave negative extra feedback if the seller leaves less than positive for the buyer

I stopped worrying about negative comments many moons ago. I was upset for weeks when I received my first negative feedback but when I received my last negative (125) I didn't lose any sleep over it.

I do foresee eBay having a mess on its hands if it adds these changes. I'll repeat what I said earlier, I'm so glad I stopped selling there.  Lol

Pages: 1 2 3