TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay helps PayPal in a charitable sort of way....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***eBay Giving Works Update: Sellers can now use PayPal!*** 

April 17, 2006 | 12:00PM PST/PT

Hi everyone!  I'm Kristin Cunningham with eBay Giving Works, our dedicated program for charity listings.  As you may know, eBay Giving Works, powered by MissionFish, offers you the opportunity to sell an item on the site and then donate between 10% and 100% of its final sale price to any one of more than 8,000 certified nonprofit organizations. And, of course, nonprofits can sell items using the program too. eBay Giving Works listings stand out in the eBay Marketplace with a special ribbon , and donation information.

Sellers May Now PayPal Their eBay Giving Works Donations
Thanks to the teams at MissionFish and PayPal, sellers now have the option to fulfill their eBay Giving Works donation commitments by PayPal!  When your eBay Giving Works listing closes, simply sign into your My MissionFish account to make your donation with PayPal.  As always, if you do not make your donation by the second Monday after your listing ends, MissionFish will automatically charge the donation to the credit card you have on file with them.

If you do not have a PayPal account and want to take advantage of this new way to fulfill your eBay Giving Works donation commitments, sign up today at www.paypal.com.

To learn more about eBay Giving Works, please visit http://givingworks.ebay.com.

Sincerely,

Kristin Cunningham
Sr. Manager, Cause-related Programs<--oooh, another eBay team Happy001
LESS money in the charity's pocket.
Pay Pal is the charity.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=3417.msg12556#msg12556 date=1145328279]
LESS money in the charity's pocket.
[/quote][quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3417.msg12557#msg12557 date=1145328804]
Pay Pal is the charity.
[/quote]

You're both NAYSAYERS! You're EBAY HATERS! eBay would NEVER try to use charity auctions as a way to boost interest in its own payment service!

:blinkie:

On second thought, eBay did do just that after 9/11 with its Auctions for America.  I knew this announcement reminded me of something.  Smile

Quote:Many eBay sellers criticized the charity auction from the beginning, charging that eBay was taking credit for sellers' donations and was using Auction for America as a tool to promote its proprietary Billpoint payment system. eBay required buyers to use a modified version of Billpoint to pay for all Auction for America items.

Despite criticism from sellers, eBay plans to allow future charity efforts to use the payment system it developed for Auction for America, the company said. The system sends payments directly from buyers to charitable organizations.

http://news.com.com/eBays+charity+auctio...01366.html
Auction for Billpoint was an Ebay scam
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3417.msg12602#msg12602 date=1145399505]
Auction for Billpoint was an Ebay scam
[/quote]

I stopped accepting Billpoint because of the whole Auction for America fiasco. It was crystal clear eBay's primary goal in that auction was to promote eBay. 
eBay Giving Works... Ha I've got some Giving Works for ebay.

Here it is:  Thefinger
When I donate to charity I prefer to donate directly to a charity rather than going through a 3rd party like eBay Giving Works/Mission Fish/United Way who are going to take a big chunk of my donation to give bonuses to their boinktard overpaid executives.