TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Deciding When It's Time To Throw in the Towel and Close Your Online Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not all business plans are viable, and not all online businesses will succeed...

Quote:At some point, most e-commerce business owners face the pain of answering the question 'Should I continue on, or should I throw in the towel?'

The decision is usually either a rational or an emotional one, but both can be valid. Such rational decisions normally have to do with money. Emotional decisions tend to involve matters of the heart. Here are some real-life examples that illustrate the thinking process involved in making this tough decision...

How Much Money and Do You Really Want it Badly Enough?
In both of these true examples, the companies could have continued on to make money. In one case, not enough. In the other, it wasn't worth it.

Knowing when it's time to quit has much to do with knowing the feasibility of making as much as you need to make, or whether your heart is even in it....

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solutions...hp/3602086
Thanks, Mandy. Just posted the link to the article you referenced on that thread. Smile
Quote:Not all business plans are viable

Attempting to do business with no business plan is even worse than having a nonviable business plan.   
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=3543.msg17595#msg17595 date=1152822846]

Attempting to do business with no business plan is even worse than having a nonviable business plan.   
[/quote]

Ebay wants you to SHUT UP goth fairy girl! Ebay makes millions from folks who have late night infomercial dreams and no business plans.
Infomercials and eBay's own heavy marketing both bring lots of people without any plan to eBay who are convinced they'll automatically make money by signing up.  It's common to hear someone say "I want to open a store.  Should I open a basic or feature store?...oh, and by the way, what should I sell and where should I buy it?".
Time to throw in the towel when you are your own worse boss.

I threw in the towel over a year ago when I wasn't making what I wanted to be making and was busting my butt to try to make it work.  I so desperately wanted to work from home and be home for my kids.  Even when I was home, I was working and the kids were only getting my partial attention.

I now am working for "da man" and I love it.  I work set hours and I am compensated well.  I get to be with grow ups during the day and my kids get a happy mom at night.

I have an itch once and awhile to start it all up back again but then payday comes and that itch is scratched.
What's a business plan?  [Image: scratchhead.gif]

I thought it was when I was going to the bathroom.  :blinkie:
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=3543.msg17595#msg17595 date=1152822846]

[/quote]

I have to agree with this statement.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=3543.msg17609#msg17609 date=1152841756]
What's a business plan?  [Image: scratchhead.gif]

I thought it was when I was going to the bathroom.  :blinkie:
[/quote]I have to agree with this statement.
Attempting to purchase from hardly any small business technique will be even worse compared to having a nonviable small business technique.