TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: OneOffPosters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think you could get at OneOffPosters.com, and do you think it is a good name?
I dunno, when I saw the thread my first thought was one-time-posters to this board, with everyone heaping insults on them.

It is a contradiction for art prints --- a poster is printed in quanity, perhaps limited quanity, but not just one.

A site where people are limited to one posting each??? (with the ability to change it). I kinda like that idea.

A "greatest hits" from other sites? (with permission, and that is an issue).

A parody of famous posters, such as Warhol's soup can leaking,  and Dylan's multicolored hair (Peter Max?) being blow-dried?

A game site where you knock one Ebay exec off a fence post?

Is it a good name? Is IToldYouSo.com worth $15,000??? It recently sold for that.

I just got WhyCat.com for the registration fee. It is a nutty market.

At least you figured it out. It's for one-off poster designs and prints. Naturally, you can order more and the price goes down the more you order.

The thing that's frustrating is the more accurate names are always snatched up. The question is always a .net name that accurately describes the company/product or a .com name that might carry a little more prestige.

Are you creating one-of-a-kind posters, is that what you mean?

Seriously, I had the same problem with Tibetan jewelry. Com was taken. So I got JewelryTibet.com AND TibetanJewelry.net, AND Tibetan-Jewelry.net.  Names are not expensive. The base name of the site is Tibetan-Jewelry.net because those are the key words. The search engines see the key words. Only if the key words are identical and in the same order does the extension matter (so I have seen, anyway). The hyphen is also for the search engines, makes it more clear to them. The non- hyphen is in case of confusion, right now it is a separate, related site that feeds into the base site. When I make links I link to Tibetan-Jewelry.net.

When I advertise to humans I use JewelryTibet.com - Kinda catchy and people ONLY think of dot com. JewelryTibet just feeds into the main site.  If you mouse over my siggie at FAS you can see that I list one, link to the other. Since the names are so close I hope it does not confuse people. Both names are on the site.

If I could do it over I might go with .info instead of .net. Info has more meaning and sticks out from Com more, plus the first year is cheap.