TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Podcasting Profits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:...there are four possible ways to monetize podcasting:

-- Embedding advertising in the audio itself. Basically, this uses the traditional model of radio.

-- Free and premium channels. This is how many content sites make money. There may even be subscription services, kind of like a magazine.

-- An enterprise model. This would mean selling sophisticated products to major customers that would have special features, such as security.

-- Advertising, which is currently the predominant approach.

http://www.forbes.com/home/entrepreneurs...ghtup.html
hopefully the amount that can be monetized in podcasting is more than the bandwidth costsĀ  :-\
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=394.msg1631#msg1631 date=1126835188]
hopefully the amount that can be monetized in podcasting is more than the bandwidth costsĀ  :-\
[/quote]

Hats off to TulipTools for being so on top of things! I posted my first podcast on iTunes yesterday, but you guys have been talking about it since September!

There are supposed to be ways around the bandwidth issue. I will let you know as soon as I figure it out.
Godaddy offers 250GB for $4/month. My first podcast was a 10MB MP4 for 3 minutes of video, so the rough math is 25,000 people can see it for $4. That seems affordable. I need to demonstrate that I am the MAN when it comes to video. If it cost $4 for up to 25,000 people to see my "portfolio" crap, I can't see any problems with that.