TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PayPal sure does make it difficult to buy on ebay with a credit card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made one of my rare purchases on ebay yesterday. When I went to pay through PayPal, I had to enter three different credit cards because the first two times I tried, the message said that that credit card was on file with a different PayPal account of mine (none of which I use anymore). It finally accepted the third but ended up using one of the others instead. Who can remember which credit card is on file, and why does that even matter?

The last time I bought something on ebay, PayPal ended up trying to take money out of a defunct bank account still on file, rather than using the credit card option that I had selected. If these kinds of things don't make buyers leery and weary, then I don't know what does. And people wonder why ebay sales are down? I keep wondering why there are as many sales as there are.

~Bob
Quote: If these kinds of things don't make buyers leery and weary

The payment difficulties explain why only 27.6% of PayPal accounts are currently active (29 million active)
I like it when PP asks "Are you SURE you want to pay with your cc?" 

Hell yeah, I'm sure!!!!
Oh look at that, as I was hitting the reply button an Overstock buyer chose to pay by Visa not PayPal.  We give our web site and Overstock buyers the option of using PayPal--almost all of them say "no thanks, I'll use my credit card". Laughing7

Quote:I keep wondering why there are as many sales as there are.

Our BBHC eBay ID had $12 in sales in the past 30 days.  As of yesterday it is officially a posting ID.
Okay, I am officially opting out of doing business with PayPal anymore, although it had become almost non-existant for me in the past year or so. I'm trying to get caught up with some accounting this morning and I see two $1 charges from PayPal on one of the credit cards that they didn't even use. Not once, anywhere, did I see a notice that that would happen, nor did I receive any request to do so. Ebay and PayPal can go to hell. How do they get away with all the stuff they take for granted? And how do people support these practices?
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=3879.msg15195#msg15195 date=1148835081]
Okay, I am officially opting out of doing business with PayPal anymore, although it had become almost non-existant for me in the past year or so. I'm trying to get caught up with some accounting this morning and I see two $1 charges from PayPal on one of the credit cards that they didn't even use. Not once, anywhere, did I see a notice that that would happen, nor did I receive any request to do so. Ebay and PayPal can go to hell. How do they get away with all the stuff they take for granted? And how do people support these practices?
[/quote]

Bob,
The $1.00 isn't an actual charge.  It is PP just checking the account.  The $1.00 pending charge will go away. 
Example:  When I pump my gas, a $1.00 pending charge will show first.  Once the real purchase goes through, the $1.00 charge disappears. 
Restaurants do this also. 
Thanks for the info, Anita. I guess I'll use them in a pinch again. Rant over. Smile

Edited to add: Of course, they rejected the use of that card because they said it was registered by another payPal account.
It is totally NORMAL to not trust PayPal.  PayPal has earned our distrust.
PayPal is the devil.  I read it on the PayPal board.  ;D
Quote:PayPal is the devil.  I read it on the PayPal board.  ;D

Yes and it's minion Notworthy supporters are the demons. :twistedevil: 
Pages: 1 2