TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Effectiveness of AVS, CVV in preventing credit card fraud declines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Since 2001, online merchants report that the effectiveness of address verification systems, for example, has dropped from 70% to 25%...Similarly, the adoption of card verification codes increased from 38% to 73%, but merchants report a decline in its effectiveness from 49% to 31%, according to the study...

To combat fraud, merchants need to rely on a number of tools and programs such as customer follow-up correspondence and calls, real-time authorization and fraud scoring...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=18949
Quote:Effectiveness of AVS, CVV in preventing credit card fraud declines

Crooks can buy credit card numbers with CVV numbers in chat rooms.  You can't trust either AVS or CVV anymore because the information is easier to obtain these days.
Quote:real-time authorization and fraud scoring

I'm using fraud scoring. Don't all gateways perform real-time authorizations? Icon_scratch 

[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4121.msg16280#msg16280 date=1150561141]

I'm using fraud scoring.

[/quote]

I'm not but I just looked and Authorize.net's Fraud Detection Suite is only $10 monthly (I thought it was much more) so I'm thinking of signing up.  Toothy10
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4121.msg16303#msg16303 date=1150602611]

I'm using fraud scoring.

[/quote]

I'm not but I just looked and Authorize.net's Fraud Detection Suite is only $10 monthly (I thought it was much more) so I'm thinking of signing up.  Toothy10
[/quote]

Cybersource includes fraud scoring in the service.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4121.msg16303#msg16303 date=1150602611]

I'm using fraud scoring.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm using FDS.  The time it saves me from having to manually check each order pays for the cost many times over.  Using it has cut my losses from chargebacks and fraud by over 90 percent.
I am going to signup for fraud protection but I didn't want to pay for a partial month so I figure I'll enroll at the stroke of midnight on the 1st so I get every second of what I'm paying for.  Big Grin

I also need to call Marketworks and find out the IP address they submit to Authorize.net from so I can use this feature of it with MW:

Quote:Authorized AIM IP Addresses - Allows merchant submitting Advanced Integration Method (AIM) transactions to designate specific server IP addresses that are authorized to submit transactions.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4121.msg16669#msg16669 date=1151281545]
I am going to signup for fraud protection but I didn't want to pay for a partial month so I figure I'll enroll at the stroke of midnight on the 1st so I get every second of what I'm paying for.   Big Grin
[/quote]

Did you enroll today?