TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Need A Marketworks Volunteer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need someone to do a test run of a cheap-o test item I am going to run as an auction on eBay. Someone who can "buy it now" on the thing and run through the whole process so I can make sure everything is working properly. Since MW doesn't have an "offline" tester version of the store, I have no idea if things are working properly.

I really need someone to tell me if the process is having any issues, which shipping amounts and types are being offered, and whether or not they can add more test items to the cart before checking out.

Also, I need to know if the eBay checkout button is properly redirecting to my MW storefront.

If anyone has time and a couple of dollars to temporarily spend in helping me do this--I'll refund everything back to you when we're done, and I will be eternally appreciative. Anyone with sympathy (been there done that, MW style) is welcome to help out!

I'll help.  But NOT much $ in my PP account. Less than $2.00

Anything you need I can test with credit cards and debit cards.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4145.msg16378#msg16378 date=1150757213]
I'll help.  But NOT much $ in my PP account. Less than $2.00

Anything you need I can test with credit cards and debit cards.

[/quote]

You have me beat.  90 cents in my PayPal account.  ;D  I can help too.
LOL!! I have $8.00 in PayPal today. I feel SO rich.

I'd be happy to have your both of your help. This means I'll have three total volunteers, and that should be plenty to work with--to get three completely different angles.

Xppman, that would actually help a LOT if you're willing to try a debit card. BBH, is there a way to refund a customer through MW, if he pays via debit card (this could be a good training session for me!).

I'll PM you guys the test item links in a bit. No need to rush tonight if you don't get around to it.
Quote:is there a way to refund a customer through MW, if he pays via debit card (this could be a good training session for me!).

I don't think you can do it directly through Marketworks.  You'd have to use your Merchant Account's virtual terminal or management console.  Each merchant account seems to have different rules for issuing refunds.

Things you can do with supported Merchant account gateways:

1. Authorize and Capture funds at the same time or
2a. Authorize first and then  2b Capture funds after you've looked over the order

With unsupported gateways you can collect the card info but you'll have to use your merchant account's virtual terminal to manually process it.
The test auctions I posted didn't show up. Hmmm...
Thanks for the info, BBH.
I'm still planning to use your guys' help, but I had to put my MW fiddling on hold last week. I'll probably be giving it another shot this week.