TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Teacher's Edition Books/Manuals, Review Editions, and Promotional CDs are NoNos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thread on the Amazon boards:

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/for...dID=119037&tstart=15

Quote:We blocked your account because it has come to our attention that you have
listed items that may be in violation(s) of our Community Rules prohibition
against Copyright Infringement.

As stated in our Community Rules regarding Prohibited Content:

"Unauthorized and unlicensed merchandise. All media--including books, CDs,
VHS tapes, and DVDs sold through Amazon Marketplace--must be fully licensed
and authorized versions. All items sold through Amazon Marketplace must be
commercially produced and authorized or licensed as a retail product."
I have two teacher's editions listed - of high school texts - but they are on an AZ created page for the teacher's edition . . . so I think that's OK? 

(I know I eBay pulled them but I've never heard anything from AZ.)
If it's on an AZ created page I think it would be OK (especially if there are other marketplace sellers selling it too), but don't quote me on that.  Smile

...if you'd asked about promo CDs on Amazon I could answer with 100% certainty: no, never!  Laughing7
I picked up an advance copy of a text at FOL sale (the kind where you're just grabbing everything because it's dime day) and didn't notice until I went to list it that plastered all over the place it said . . . "not for resale - folks who sell this book on the secondary market drive up the price for the honest folks who purchase it legally - etc."   

I kept  it for my own library. Smile
I have a couple of boxes sitting in a closet full of promo CDs that I've collected during my rare buying of wholesale lots of CDs on eBay.  As a buyer it annoys me when I buy CDs and find out the seller "forgot" to mention that 50% of them were useless promos (or at least useless for someone like me who won't sell promos) 
Tongue2 

Promos aren't nearly as annoying as the CDs I bought from one seller on eBay who was selling lots of "brand new never played CDs".  The boinktard forgot to mention that they were CDR copies with photocopied artwork.  That box of CDs is also sitting in the closet. 
Tongue2

Promos aren't nearly as annoying as the CDs I bought from one seller on eBay who was selling lots of "brand new never played CDs".  The boinktard forgot to mention that they were CDR copies with photocopied artwork.  That box of CDs is also sitting in the closet.

Why God created buying IDs.
A virtually endless supply of them . . . .

I've looked at buying wholesale lots of books on eBay . . . but I always figure it's a book seller, selling off the penny books on a different ID.
Quote:I've looked at buying wholesale lots of books on eBay . . . but I always figure it's a book seller, selling off the penny books on a different ID.

Most of them are booksellers getting rid of "garbage" titles, and there's also a large number of them who are people who bought lots from booksellers on eBay and are trying to resell them because they opened the box and discovered they bought "garbage".  There are some lots that are worth buying and actual bargains, but it's largely trial and error finding the good sellers.
6,622 teacher's edition books and they all have "sell yours here" buttons on the page. Smile