TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Gap's New Web Sites Seen As Innovative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:"Gap's new sites leapfrog every other retail site out there today," said Carrie Johnson, a retail analyst with Forrester Research, an online consulting firm. "They're providing a customer experience that other retailers will quickly try to figure out how to copy."

Article:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/2...ine12.html

the new designs:

Gap.com, BananaRepublic.com and OldNavy.com
[quote author=mandy link=topic=430.msg1716#msg1716 date=1126998835]
Quote:"Gap's new sites leapfrog every other retail site out there today," said Carrie Johnson, a retail analyst with Forrester Research, an online consulting firm. "They're providing a customer experience that other retailers will quickly try to figure out how to copy."

Article:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/2...ine12.html

the new designs:

Gap.com, BananaRepublic.com and OldNavy.com
[/quote]

Great article! Two points that really struck me as interesting:
1) Estimated budget of $10 million.
2) Greatly reduced number of mouse clicks required to make a purchase.
Certainly not a pretty site.

I guess they do not think their customers include many on dial-up - it took a long time to load. Duplicate content on the second page was re-sent, not re-used from my computer's cache.

I would have done it for them for only $5 million.
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=430.msg1739#msg1739 date=1127035049]
Certainly not a pretty site.

I guess they do not think their customers include many on dial-up - it took a long time to load. Duplicate content on the second page was re-sent, not re-used from my computer's cache.

I would have done it for them for only $5 million.
[/quote]

You must not have tested the intimates page. I heard it was quite pretty. Smile

I maintain that catering to dialup customers costs broadband customers. Broadband is the future, so I think they made the right decision.