TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PHPAdsNew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my thought pattern for starting some sort of a Mall, I thought that I'd start off "easy" and start by "just" having a page of banner ads, which would maybe start things moving.  As I speak though, I'm printing out the first of their three manuals, this one with 107 pages!!  :o  That Chipmunk directory I've used before is sounding better and better.  Tard
Quote:I thought that I'd start off "easy" and start by "just" having a page of banner ads, which would maybe start things moving. 

Start off easy or start off totally wasting your time?  Pages of banner ads, or pages of links like that are a complete waste of time because absolutely nobody except the sellers listed are going to look at them (or want to look at a page of banner ads/links). Smile

I'll give you the Alexa traffic rankings for 2 similar sites and let you decide:

TOASA.org (Overstock sellers): 1.7 million
Doors2Stores.com not even ranked (Alexa only ranks the top 6 million sites-i.e. D2S doesn't even rank in the top 6 million sites)

In other words, they're both a complete waste of time and space because putting a link on a site with virtually no traffic isn't going to drive a lot of buyers to a seller's store. Smile

Concentrate on building your friggin' mall and don't waste time with the banner ads page Smile

ps I'd use Max Media Manager (openads.org) instead of phpAdsNew.  More features, better at handling lots of traffic, charging for ad campaigns, etc.