TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Thank you BBH for All Music Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I have just gained a local band client, I have been perusing All Music Search and Directories. What a great resource for lovers, makers, and promoters of music! Thanks so much Todd and Amy for putting together that amazing site.

A couple of questions, if you have the time to answer them?
What would be the best classification for this music? http://www.alchemistshandbook.com/media/...vailed.mp3
Even the band doesn't know what to call it.
Also would any of the directories allow uploading of music files?

Edited to add link. http://allmusicsearch.com
Quote:Also would any of the directories allow uploading of music files?

Later this year we'll be adding a long delayed (originally slated to open in 2001 but the dot com crash got in the way  Tongue ) feature that will allow artists to have mini-showcase sites where they can upload/stream music and video (and also sell their song files or other items from a "store" with shopping cart, have blogs, lyrics, blah, blah, blah) . I'll PM you a link to the beta.
That overall sound reminds me of a tape that someone gave me when I was volunteering in a emergency shelter. The singer was not doing well at the time, but his music was very intriguing.  In his case, he sung a lot about life as an American Indian (maybe in his former life).  There was one song that went something like "six-pack paddy wack, his old man came rolling home" -- which was a really odd sort of combination of a depressing theme, sung in almost a fun kind of way, which I ended up interpreting as being a survivor mentality (i.e. recognizing the bad of your childhood but not going out and killing someone and using that as an excuse).  And then there was another one singing all about the tribe and the sun.  I guess with things like that, you just have to experience it.  Too bad I don't have the tape anymore.  

Ok, I'm getting way too deep here.
Thanks BBH. Very nice. Looks like that could work for them.
Thanks for taking the time to listen Laurie.

Since no one affiliated with the band seems to know what to call it I came up with a description of how it makes me feel. They liked it. Alchemy's music is introspective and perhaps even exorcistic in the way that it encourages listeners to identify, deal with, and destroy their own private demons.

Sometimes, as in your experience, there seems to be no tidy little category to put music in and you have to just go with your feelings. I would love to have heard the music you described so eloquently and profoundly.
That song's style reminded me of Barry McGuire's Eve of Destruction.
folk-rock bordering on alt-country  Smile
Thank you Rose.
maryrussel Wrote:Thanks so much Todd and Amy for putting together that amazing site.

I can't take any credit. :-[  I'm in charge of ecommerce type "selling" on all our sites, but I rarely (i.e. don't) do any web site development--I prefer to avoid it. Smile  I'm not even officially listed as an owner of the company.  Crybaby2  All site development is done by the 3 boinktard  :twistedevil: owners who started the company 8 1/2 years ago--hint, they're all administrators on TulipTools.
Quote:All site development is done by the 3 boinktard owners who started the company 8 1/2 years ago--hint, they're all administrators on TulipTools.

Thank you 3 TT admins. And for TT too.  Love10
Pages: 1 2