TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: This is your mind... this is your mind on Kool-aid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Using eBay Express
See a dramatic increase in your current sales by taking advantage of eBay's newest storefront.

By Marsha Collier

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13559256/

Dramatic increase in sales? Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
The author of that piece:

Marsha Collier, is a successful eBay PowerSeller and Entrepreneur.com's "eBay" columnist as well as the author of the bestselling eBay reference guides, eBay for Dummies, 4th Edition and Starting an eBay Business for Dummies.

==========

Now she wouldn't have any reason to "pump it up" now would she?[Image: scratchhead.gif]

Seems to me her bestselling book status depends on if people are looking into
ebay to "Starting an eBay Business".
If they are NOT... Well there goes that bestselling book status.

We know, it's all about the money honey.

The SPIN never ends with these types does it?  Thebirdman

Wonder how many free packages of Koolaid she gets for writing
ebay favorable pieces?  Laughing7

Oh love the Meg pic there Bud.  LOL
Quote:Now she wouldn't have any reason to "pump it up" now would she?

Seems to me her bestselling book status depends on if people are looking into
ebay to "Starting an eBay Business".
If they are NOT... Well there goes that bestselling book status.

We know, it's all about the money honey.

Yep, her Express Rah Rah BS is all about protecting her income which depends on eBay.  I doubt if she really believes "sellers will see a dramatic increase by selling on Express"...kind of like the eBay boards where if you look close enough a lot of the cheerleaders  make a large percentage of their income as eBay Trading Assistants or teaching classes on eBay selling...naturally they're going to try to protect their main source of income (and lie through their teeth doing it  :twistedevil: ).
Quote:Be sure to pitch your other items to the prospective buyer in your description. Mention that they can save on shipping when buying multiple items from you. (Hopefully this will encourage multiple purchases in addition to pointing out the benefits to the buyer.)

And just exactly how would the customer know to do that?? Laughing4 Icon_scratch They might buy multiple items on Express, but there is nothing to make it likely they will buy multiple items from YOU. I don't think she even looked at how EE works.

Aside. During eBay's heyday I worked at Borders. This author came to do a book talk and signing. She put her daughter through private school selling action figures. She couldn't do that now so the consulting thing is her deal. Those who can, do. Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym. (Woody Allen I think...  Smileytongueout) Kim
[quote author=bud link=topic=4220.msg16737#msg16737 date=1151395369]

[/quote]

Dazed012

OMFG

You guys just MADE me list two more items on ebay.

Happy001
Gee, an author and attractive as well. Wink

And coolaide looks so good on her.............. ;D