TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Vancouver residents can now pay parking meters with a cell phone...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...but wouldn't it be cheaper and take less time to just drop some change in the meter?  :Smile

Quote:Starting now, you can pay parking meters from your cellphone, get a text message warning the meter is about to expire and even top up the meter without going outside.

The city is hoping the service -- which officially began Monday -- will increase revenue without costing much.

It is being provided under contract to Verrus Mobile Technologies, a Vancouver company that has already signed up commercial parking lots and cities in Canada, the U.S. and Britain...

full article: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/...94702a11dd
Quote:Verrus gets paid through a 30-cent surcharge paid by the driver, which it calls a convenience fee, on each parking transaction using the service.

I'm sorry, but, getting out of your call going to the meter to get the meter number, calling on your cell phone to pay for the meter with a fee $0.30 fee to do that is lazy and actually more work to it than just dropping a coin in.  The only time I can see it being a time to maybe use it is when you know your meter is running out and you are in a meeting or someplace you can't leave to add money to the meter - then the cell would be okay, otherwise, put a coin in it.

They won't be getting $.30 cents out of me for their surcharge....I don't have a cell phone.  Big Grin
Quote:The only time I can see it being a time to maybe use it is when you know your meter is running out and you are in a meeting or someplace you can't leave to add money to the meter

It would be worth it then, especially in NY where tickets are $65-$115, but otherwise it seems like it would  take more time to pay by cell phone.
Where do I sign up?  Toothy10

Confusedarcasm1: