TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Learn Shill Bidding, Feedback Bombing/Extortion, Keyword Spamming, Fee Avoidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:September 20, 2005 | 10:39AM PST/PT

Hi… This is Matt Halprin, Vice President, Global Marketplace Policy Management.

At eBay Live! I announced some policy improvements and new enforcement consequences. As part of our effort to make it easier for members to understand and comply with our policies, I also announced that we would create four new policy tutorials.

I'm pleased to announce that this week we are launching four new tutorials. Together with the Intellectual Property Rules and VeRO tutorial that we launched earlier this year, these tutorials will help you understand some of our most important policies.

These four new tutorials will help you understand the following policies better:

* Shill Bidding
    * Feedback
    * Search and Browse Manipulation (also known as keyword spamming)
    * Fee Circumvention

Each tutorial is organized into three parts:

* Policy overview and examples
    * A few questions to test your understanding of the policy, with explanations indicating why your answers are correct or incorrect
    * A summary of key lessons

You'll be able to access these tutorials from the Feedback Forum and the Help pages for shill bidding, feedback, search and browse manipulation (also known as keyword spamming), fee circumvention, and Intellectual Property Rules and VeRO.

Next month, we will launch these tutorials on all our sites globally. Furthermore, in a few months we will require that members who repeatedly violate these policies take these tutorials in order to continue trading on the site.
What's the fr_k'n point of the tutorials since the people who shill bid and feedback bomb (not to mention a large percentage of the people who keyword spam and avoid fees by starting auctions at a penny and charging $100 shipping for a postcard) do it intentionally and already know they are violating eBay policies???