TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ethical Tool Rumored OK'd by eBay, Possible Listing Duration Fee Increase Jan 06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TR Wrote:The word is that this tool has received final approval from eBay.

This practically ensures that the price increase in January will be a duration listing increase.

Thanks everyone, for playing "eBay screws the small sellers first, then screws all sellers, equally."

With special thanks to "Ethical" and PeSA for all they have done to make this moment possible.

http://www.otwa.com/community/showpost.php?p=299698&postcount=923

If eBay does impose a listing duration fee increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see it accompanied by some sort of volume listing discount similar to Overstock's high volume discount.
nino@ebay.com View Listings | Report  Sep-22-05 14:15 PDT  256 of 256 
Hi Everyone,

I've been working with people in our Trust and Safety teams and the Developers Program to clarify this issue. Just wanted to share their thinking and to let you know that it's OK to use the Auction Extender tool for now.

The question of allowing/disallowing the Auction Extender tool has been a complex issue for us to address. The bottom line for eBay is whether a new tool could have unintended consequences that could harm the marketplace. We were worried about the tool's potential use as a method for manipulating search results by allowing sellers to change an item's duration so that it appears in "items ending soonest" as often as possible.

That said, the ability to change the duration of a listing has legitimate uses, for example in the event of major site issues and other rare situations. This function is already available manually on eBay.

We have decided to allow the use of the Ethical Auction Extender tool for now, and we'll continue to review and analyze its use over the next 3-6 months to ensure that it is not harming the marketplace.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Regards,
Nino
eBay Community Development

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000039237&tstart=0&mod=1127423756118
It is KILLING me not to respond!!!!!
I tried not to post a response.  Really I did.  I held out for 11 minutes!!!
Quote:ninny@elay.com View Listings | Report  Sep-22-05 14:15 PDT  256 of 256
Hi Everyone,

We were worried about the tool's potential use as a method for manipulating search results by allowing sellers to change an item's duration so that it appears in "items ending soonest" as often as possible, but we decided to allow this manipulation anyways to appease PeSA and to keep our second largest seller Glacier Bay from leaving
Here's a post from yesterday about the possibility of a listing duration fee increase in January.

unboinking beleivable.

Anita Wrote OVER THERE:
Quote:Does this mean we can now tell others how to manipulate the system manually... without getting pink slapped?

Anita

I say it is time to register two hundred accounts each and clog the whole system.
Or better yet I've got some LAWS rockets and RPG’s we could use to destroy the entire backbone.

Just kidding folks. You know what will happen???

A major earthquake or tidle wave, that will take the whole thing down for weeks, months, or more I prey.

Auction Sage Software

Sage Dynamic Duration Tool
14-day free trial
http://www.auctionsagesoftware.com/sddt/index.htm
SDDT will not work if you use eBay Picture services. You must be hosting your own pix.
Broadband Internet Connection Required.
Pricing from from $30 for 3 months to $65 for a year.

support forums:
http://sage.lunarpages.net/Communit...x.php?board=2.0

p.s. if anyone sells auto keys, pleeeeeze use this daily on eBay Motors  :twistedevil: Thebirdman
[quote author=Anita link=topic=476.msg1911#msg1911 date=1127424724]
I tried not to post a response.  Really I did.  I held out for 11 minutes!!!
[/quote]

I held out 77 minutes  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Quote:Anita said "Does this mean we can now tell others how to [use] the system manually"

But Anita, they don't need to do it manually. Even small sellers can automate the process now because Auction Sage is also offering a duration extender tool...their tool costs only $6-$10 monthly.

I'm actually thinking of signing up for the $6 monthly plan and using it in the auto keys categories on eBay Motors. :twistedevil:
My intention isn't really to teach people how to manipulate the search function on eBay.  I want people to know that eBay ALLOWED the tool... as long as it was kept secret.
Pages: 1 2