TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Option to Display Seller Feedback in Search Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Quote:**New Option to Display Seller Feedback in Search Results*** 

September 21, 2005 | 01:53PM PST/PT

We will soon add Feedback as an optional information type you can display on your search results and listings pages. If you choose to display this information, the seller’s Feedback score will appear on its own row directly underneath the item title. If the listing has the subtitle upgrade, the Feedback score will appear below the subtitle.

To display Feedback information once this feature is available:

* Click the "Customize Display" link above the listings on the right-hand side of any search results or listings page
    * Check the "Display Feedback information" checkbox in the Display section
    * Click on the Save button.
Is score the number of uniques or their percentage score?  Why do we need this?
[quote author=scarboroughseaashells link=topic=479.msg1876#msg1876 date=1127344917]
Is score the number of uniques or their percentage score?  Why do we need this?
[/quote]

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/feed...cores.html

It looks like its the number (1000) not the percentage.

Why do we need this?...to "unlevel" the playing field maybe.  Smile

If sellers' feedback numbers are displayed in search results it will help me, it will help Cowboy Jay and his merry band of PeSAites even more (a lot more), and it will hurt newer less established sellers with lower feedback scores.

hmmm. that seller has a feedback of 200K and that seller's rating is only 50, I think I'll click on the one with the 200K and look at their listing...

I think including the feedback numbers in search results will hurt a lot of sellers.  If they're going to include feedback numbers in search results, I think they should also include the feedback percentage so the seller with a 100% positive FB of 50 would stand a better chance against the seller with a low 96% positive FB of 200K.
Quote:We will soon add Feedback as an optional information type you can display on your search results and listings pages

The listings are cluttered up enough and now they're adding more garbage  :Smile

What is with all the enhancements.  Cant they just get the stuff they already have to work right instead of adding more.  They have gone enhancement happy  BangHead

Angel  Angel1
bad idea  Angryfire

Well at least buyers would need to "customise display" to see the feedback which means that most will never know about it.

To a newbie 96% positive feedback sounds really good.

And why the enhancements? Because Ebay has an enhancement department. These guys (and girls) need to keep busy - including during the holiday selling season. They do the things that they can convince management to let them do. Fixing stuff - probably means going into someone else's code. Could mess something up. And it will not make your brown nose shine at promotion time.
It shows the feedback percentage but I don't think that this will stop people from buying from bad sellers! 

You can also customize the search to show the Store name.  I didn't know that!  Most newbies won't mess with the display settings though!
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=479.msg1969#msg1969 date=1127627236]

Well at least buyers would need to "customise display" to see the feedback which means that most will never know about it.

To a newbie 96% positive feedback sounds really good.

And why the enhancements? Because Ebay has an enhancement department. These guys (and girls) need to keep busy - including during the holiday selling season. They do the things that they can convince management to let them do. Fixing stuff - probably means going into someone else's code. Could mess something up. And it will not make your brown nose shine at promotion time.
[/quote]

It reminds me of going into the HBA (health and beauty aids) section of a large store like Wally World for example.
I see people all the time standing there scratching their heads looking at ALL the overwhelming choices of stuff.

I do it too.  LOL
Too many options / products = more confusion IMO

I just want some darn pills that work and the way feebay is going we all better go stand
In those isles a while and scratch our heads. Me thinks just as they do EVERY YEAR right before and during
The big selling season, they will be f@#king with the site and cause more problems with their so called “enhancements”.

I like Anita’s take on it.
Something like: “If it aint broke we will break it or something like that.

Or is it: “We aren’t happy till your not happy”??

These people at ebay have really become TRUE MORONS.

Don’t they realize that most people just want to point click and shop?
I don’t think many give a rats a$$ about custom settings, bells and whistle and such.
ebays over cluttered pages with useless junk is what I think has and continues to RUN off buyers.

They just want to get in, buy something and get the hell out I would think.

feeBay get your head out of you’re a$$.
Oh wait it’s been stuck their so long they would have to amputate.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=479.msg1987#msg1987 date=1127657164]

I like Anita’s take on it.
Something like: “If it aint broke we will break it or something like that.

Or is it: “We aren’t happy till your not happy”??

[/quote]

I think it's "If it ain't broke, enhance it 'til it is!"  Wink
Pages: 1 2