TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock After Auction Management Improvements Due October 4th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:All -

I am here to formally apologize for the inexcusable lateness of the after-auction management revisions.

I came to you in July and said that work would begin the following week. In fact, until mid-August, I believed that it had. Unfortunately, we had some critical issues that tore the team away from this (like keeping the site from crashing) and it slipped.

Then we went back to it and revised many of the elements, much to our developers' dismay. This put it back an additional week. Bottom line is that code will be complete today and it will go to test on Monday. Our QA team believes it will take them at least 6 business days to test, and so we plan to roll it on October 4th.

Believe me when I say that I am as disappointed as you are. I so wanted to have this up and live before our one-year anniversary next week. It has been an embarassment for that long. However, I made the descision to sacrifice time for a superior product.

Please direct all anger and frustration at me. This is my fault for not getting this done sooner.

On a much happier note, the new Overstock commercials start airing today on cable. They feature all of the elements of Overstock, so Auctions is mentioned in each one. I think this will greatly help raise public awareness.

Also, we have some real goodies for you in October....

Yours Truly,
Holly

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=10287&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Holly said in her blog in July the changes are "fixing the current functionality, adding archiving, and better paging and totaling, easier relisting and giving ratings."

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/holly.php

BTW, read her blog post Interesting on 7/22.  She invented a new way to say posting IDs  Happy001

Quote: We have, since inception, banned fewer than 35 usernames from the message board. This is probably more like 20 individuals, as many were using multiple usernames and shilling the conversations.
There was a typo in Holly's post.  The release date is October 6th not 4th.  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=501.msg2331#msg2331 date=1128208226]
There was a typo in Holly's post.  The release date is October 6th not 4th.  Smile
[/quote] :Smile
posted in Holly MacDonald-Korth's blog:

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/holly.php

Quote:In response to several questions, yes, there will be a delete feature. And an archive feature.
Delayed again
http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=10287&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Quote:PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: late
Unfortunately, we have had to push the launch of this one more week. I know you don't want to hear this, and you don't want to hear any more excuses. So all I will say is that I made the decision to push it off a week. I decided it was better to release a solid product one week later rather than a buggy product one week earlier.

I hope in the long term you agree. Right now, I am sure you are just frustrated.

Also, I saw some questions about Dutch auctions. We have no plans to implement multi-unit auctions. We are considering a store-type format next year.

Thanks,
Holly
Quote:questions about Dutch auctions. We have no plans to implement multi-unit auctions. We are considering a store-type format next year.

Aah, the real news in her post.  Mrgreen
Quote:Post subject: Auction Management Upgrades 10-11-05 
Hello everyone,

Thank you again for your patience while we completed this long overdue project. Beginning this evening, please look for these changes/upgrades to the following pages:

Summary Total Boxes

A "My Selling Totals" box will now appear on your homepage, as well as at the top of the Selling/Sold page, and the Selling, Sold, and Didn't Sell pages. This box will show the number of items you're currently selling, the number of items you've sold in the past 30 days, your total revenue from the past 30 days, and the total amount you've been charged by Overstock.com Auctions in the past 30 days.

A "My Buying Totals" box will now appear on your homepage, as well as at the top of the Buying/Watching page, and the Bidding, Won, Watching, and Didn't Win pages. The "My Buying Totals" box will show the number of items you're currently bidding on, the number of items you're currently winning, the total current cost of the items you're winning, the number of items you've won in the last 30 days, and the total cost of the items you've won in the last 30 days.

Items I'm Selling

The "Item Actions" column will have a pull down menu with the options to Cancel, Edit Item, or Sell Similar Item.

Pagination will be added with number of viewable auctions customizable by user preference.

Items I've Sold

Sortable columns, except for "NPB" or "Item Action."

Check boxes added before each item, with button choices at the bottom to delete, archive or download. *Clicking on the top checkbox next to "ItemID" will select or unselect all.

Item Actions column will have a pull down menu with the options to Send Invoice, Contact Buyer, Rate Buyer, Sell Similar.

Link to View Archived Items.

Pagination will be added with number of viewable auctions customizable by user preference.

Items I Didn't Sell

Sortable columns, except for "Item Action."

Check boxes added before each item, with button choices at the bottom to delete, archive or download. *Clicking on the top checkbox next to "ItemID" will select or unselect all.

Column added for Reserve Price.

Link to View Archived Items.

Pagination will be added with number of viewable auctions customizable by user preference.

Archive Page - All new addition!

If the seller clicks "archive" under Sold or Didn't Sell, it will move the items to this page.

If the seller clicks "See My Archived Items" under Sold or Didn't Sell, or clicks "Archive" in the "Selling/Sold" section of his or her homepage, he or she will be redirected to this page.

On this page, if the seller clicks "unarchive," it will move the item back to the Sold or Didn't Sell page.

Items I'm Bidding On

Item Actions column will have a pull down menu with the options to Bid Now, View Seller's Other Items.

Items I've Won

Check boxes added before each item, with button choices at the bottom to delete. *Clicking on the top checkbox next to "ItemID" should select or unselect all.

Item Actions column will have the option to Rate Seller, but will only show if ratings need to be left.

Items I'm Watching

Check boxes added before each item, with button choices at the bottom to delete. *Clicking on the top checkbox next to "ItemID" should select or unselect all.

Item Actions column will have drop down menu with the options to Bid Now, or View Seller's Other Items.

Items I Didn't Win

Item Actions column will have the option to View Seller's Other Items.

With these changes, you will see new/updated links on the left hand menu of your homepage. The Selling Overview page is now labeled as "Selling/Sold." A link to "My Archived Items" has been added.
The font size is smaller.  Happy001
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=501.msg2916#msg2916 date=1129081264]
The font size is smaller.   Happy001
[/quote]

That is what impressed me the most too! :lol14n: