TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Poll: Most Censorship Happy OAI (Online Auction Industry) Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Which OAI Forum is the most censorship happy (i.e. deleting posts,banning members,locking threads) when silencing other's viewpoints?
"FAS (not really an OAI forum, more of a pottery/chat/spam board)"

I think it's interesting that when the fas members and even mods need to find out technical knowlege, they come here.  I'll probably be accused of being negative, but Ging, Kirk, if you're trying to build up fas, and if it's supposed to be tech-focused, then why not add techie information threads to the site?
I voted for Parker's Piggy Bank  Laughing4
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=550.msg2098#msg2098 date=1127841963]

I think it's interesting that when the fas members and even mods need to find out technical knowlege, they come here.  I'll probably be accused of being negative, but Ging, Kirk, if you're trying to build up fas, and if it's supposed to be tech-focused, then why not add techie information threads to the site?
[/quote]

Do not bash a site in every forum you can until the site is finished.  All suggestions are always appreciated.
[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=550.msg2112#msg2112 date=1127875116]

[/quote]

Do not bash a site in every forum you can until the site is finished.  All suggestions are always appreciated.
[/quote]

You are the only one I can see on multiple forums saying that it isn't done.  Others are saying it is done with posts on it.

hrmmm

Believe the one or believe the many?

Tongue2

I certain site that I frequent isn't done either but the forum has been running for a little over a year.
Definately eBay.
[quote author=butterflykisses link=topic=550.msg2113#msg2113 date=1127876062]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hrmmm

Believe the one or believe the many?

Tongue2

I certain site that I frequent isn't done either but the forum has been running for a little over a year.
[/quote]

The forum is basically done, but the rest of the site is not finished.

[quote author=bidvillesucks link=topic=550.msg2104#msg2104 date=1127865176]
I voted for Parker's Piggy Bank  Laughing4
[/quote]

Parker's or Palandro's ?  Lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't get it.  What is so special about today versus yesterday or the day before?  All fas members have always been able to contribute technical information to the site since the moment it was started.  Why is this such a mystery?  I'll take my share of blame.  I did make some efforts at times, but when there was such little interest in anything but chat, then it's easy to loose interest in investing in a site who's owner couldn't even be located.  Can others take their share of blame?  The site would have never been "in trouble" in the first place if everyone had made more contributions.  BBH sure tried for a long time to be the sole provider of useful information -- and there were many other experienced sellers who have been gone for a long time and have chosen to invest elsewhere.

I won't argue that the entire fas community has the ability to wake up one morning, and say, "hey, this is my community too, I'm going to contribute something."  If that happens, I say bravo.  I'm guessing that the rumor mill might think that I'm trying to compete with fas with my own forum, but in my wildest dreams, I'm certain that I will never have 4,000 people walk through my doors, so I'm not even in the running.

So why are my statements being taken as bashing?  You Kirk, me, Ginger and lots of other capable members were not doing our part to keep fas business focused at a level that held the interest of long-time sellers.  Plain and simple.  So Stardust can be motivated now, which is all well and good, but all of us could have done it all along.

So this should be a time for evaluation.  All of this thin skin will not help to determine what went wrong, why it happened, and what to do to prevent it happening in the future.
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=550.msg2120#msg2120 date=1127877480]

I'm certain that I will never have 4,000 people walk through my doors, so I'm not even in the running.
[/quote]

I voted FAS is more censored.

To be fair to Matt, I don't think he expected FAS to do so well either. So be prepared Vital. If you get 4500 members and you're not ready, you'll be in the same spot that Matt apparently walked away from.
Pages: 1 2 3