TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Holiday Gift: Google Checkout Offers FREE (0.00%) processing until 2/1/2008!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From ChannelAdvisor Scott Wingo's blog -there is no mention of the promo (yet) on the Google Checkout blog.

Quote:We just heard from the folks at Google Checkout that they are rolling out an unprecedented promotion.  For those already signed up and those that SIGN UP for Google Checkout, you will receive FREE PROCESSING until the end of the year.

Previously you received the free processing in the ratio of 10:1 with AdWords spend, now they are blowing open the program for folks that don't even have AdWords or are burning through those AdWord credits!...

full article: http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str...days_.html
Thank you Google  Notworthy
The official announcement from Google:

Quote:Google Checkout
Free transaction processing for the holidays

Hello,

As you may know, for every $1 you spend on AdWords, you can process $10 of Google Checkout sales for free. Just in time for the holidays, we're giving you even more by processing all of your Google Checkout sales for free through the end of 2006! Here's how it works:

* From November 8 through December 31, 2006, we'll process all of your Checkout transactions for free, even if you aren't an AdWords advertiser. If you're already an AdWords advertiser, we'll process your Checkout transactions for free regardless of what you spend on AdWords.*
    * Valid Checkout orders you receive during the promotion will automatically qualify.
    * There's no limit: we're processing all of your Checkout sales for free.
    * You can take full advantage of this promotion by encouraging your buyers to use Google Checkout on your site.

On January 1, 2007, the standard transaction fee will apply again. Also, if applicable, your regular free transaction processing (based on your December AdWords spend) will resume.

Using Google Checkout to increase sales and lower costs during this busy holiday season has never been easier. If we can do anything else to help, feel free to drop us a line. Happy holidays from Google Checkout!

* AdWords advertisers: Because this promotion begins on 11/8, the free transaction processing based on your AdWords spend will still apply to your Checkout sales from 11/1 through 11/7. Any Checkout orders you receive and process from 11/8 through 12/31 will then be eligible for unlimited free processing under this promotion.

Only 2% of my customers use GC  Sad
None of mine DO.
I kicked them to the curb after realizing thier shady
"US First on you check out pages Policy".

But hey, I think PP responded.
They have some gimmick thing about getting cash bonuses for using PP.  :Smile
Quote:None of mine DO.
I kicked them to the curb after realizing thier shady
"US First on you check out pages Policy".

Very few of ours use GC either because we only offer it through our Marketworks checkout for Overstock and Yahoo.  We never even have to visit the GC website because we can charge the transaction, enter the shipping tracking info on MW.  We don't receive the buyer's real email address from GC but on auction sites that doesn't matter since we get the real email from Y or O.

We don't use GC on our websites for 2 reasons #1. the email address thingy (I want the buyer's email so I can communicate directly, send shipped notices directly without having to go through a 3rd party) and #2 the GC checkout mod for Zen doesn't support the shipping mods we use.
Quote: We don't receive the buyer's real email address from GC but on auction sites that doesn't matter since we get the real email from Y or O

I should probably add to this...if you're not using MarketWorks, Channel Advisor, or another 3rd party checkout w/GC integration, it is almost impossible to use GC on an auction site.
Well they.. "GP" are certainly making peeps jump through some hoops as far as I can tell.
I hope everyone enjoys the FREE processing over this holiday season.  Thumbsup

I'm sure our merchant account processors are ecstatic. :Smile

Call me later on this one.
xppman (sorry to say this)
Gives GP THE thumbs down.  Nono
Updated: the free processing offer has been extended to 2008

Quote:As you may know, for every $1 you spend on AdWords, you can process $10 of Google Checkout sales for free. Just in time for the holidays, we're giving you even more by processing your Google Checkout sales for free through the end of 2007! Here's how it works:

* From November 8, 2006 through December 31, 2007, we'll process your Checkout transactions for free, even if you aren't an AdWords advertiser. If you're already an AdWords advertiser, we'll process your Checkout transactions for free regardless of what you spend on AdWords.*
    * Valid Checkout orders you receive during the promotion will automatically qualify.
    * You can take full advantage of this promotion by encouraging your buyers to use Google Checkout on your site.
    * Other applicable fees (e.g. chargeback fees) may apply. This promotion is subject to the Google Checkout Terms of Service. Google may revoke the promotion for accounts that do not comply with these terms.

On January 1, 2008, the standard transaction fee will apply again. Also, if applicable, your regular free transaction processing (based on your December, 2007 AdWords spend) will resume.

Using Google Checkout to increase sales and lower costs during this busy holiday season has never been easier. If we can do anything else to help, feel free to drop us a line. Happy holidays from Google Checkout!

* AdWords advertisers: Because this promotion begins on 11/8/06, the free transaction processing based on your AdWords spend will still apply to your Checkout sales from 11/1/06 through 11/7/06. Any Checkout orders you receive and process from 11/8/06 through 12/31/07 will then be eligible for free processing under this promotion.

https://checkout.google.com/seller/freet...tions.html
:turkey1:
Pages: 1 2