TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Massachusetts Man Charged with eBay Laptop Sales Scam Faces 20 Yrs In Slammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A Massachusetts man has been indicted on wire and mail fraud charges in connection with a series of ...[ebay] scams in which he received payments from individuals for the purported sale of items such as laptop computers and video game systems. It is alleged that once he received the payments, items were never delivered to the buyers and no refunds were given.

complete article here: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050929/neth037.html?.v=14

Be safe, don't become an online fraud victim. You are taking an extreme risk of becoming a fraud victim if you buy laptops or other electronics on eBay. You also are taking an extreme risk if you use the unregulated PayPal to pay for your purchase--many customers have complained after PayPal either froze the money in their accounts or double debited purchases they made with the PayPal debit card.  How many times have you read news reports about fraud on eBay?  If you answered Too Many To Count, you are correct!

Be safe and Buy on Amazon--after all when was the last time you read an article about fraud involving Amazon and Amazon Payments? If you answered Never, you are correct!

I got sick of the  Smileykoolaid I was drinking in my last post and switched to  Smileyincoffee .  Now I feel normal again!
Don't worry, I assure you the thought of plunking down a grand or two on a laptop being sold by some anonymous dude named enema666  never crossed my mind.  Happy001