TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: OK - When did this happen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have I been stuck in Lodi for several months or is this a recent change:

I'm handling some ebay sales & paypal payments for a friend, and she received a pp payment from an unconfirmed address.  I called her up and she gave me the OK to accept it. 

So I logged in to her account and noticed that the "deny" button was grayed out.  When I moused over the deny button, a screen tip came up that read ebay sellers are obligated to accept all payment types.

[Image: pp.gif]

We haven't been selling much on ebay the past several months... did I miss something?

Was it sold on Express? I know they have to accept unconfirmed payments. Maybe they extended that policy to Ebay itself? Icon_scratch
Quote:So I logged in to her account and noticed that the "deny" button was grayed out.  When I moused over the deny button, a screen tip came up that read ebay sellers are obligated to accept all payment types.

Wow. Never noticed that before, either.
I forget just how long ago this took affect:

"Sellers who offer PayPal as a payment option on eBay (either using logos or text in the item description) must accept all forms of PayPal payment including account balance, bank account transfer, and credit cards. Sellers must have a Premier or Business PayPal Account or be willing to upgrade from a Personal PayPal Account to a Premier or Business Account if sellers receive a credit card payment. Sellers may not communicate to buyers that they accept, or will not accept, specific forms of PayPal payment."

For Ebay Express you have to send to unconfirmed addresses. "Ensure your PayPal account settings are set to ship to unconfirmed addresses or make sale-by-sale decisions ("Ask me for unconfirmed addresses"

WTF?

Doesn't this kind of undermine the confirmed address thing. Just a wee bit?
The *send to unconfirmed addresses* bit was and still is a huge problem with many sellers on ebay, so they will not sign up with express under any circumstances.  It only applies to express.  And, yes, all ebay sellers MUST accept all forms of payment.  It forced all sellers to get a business account, where they have to pay the lousy percentage for every transaction.

Just another *my way or the highway, buster* ....
OK... I think I get it...

She must have never "opted out" of express...

Tard
Quote:The *send to unconfirmed addresses* bit was and still is a huge problem with many sellers on ebay, so they will not sign up with express under any circumstances.

I've always shipped to unconfirmed addresses because many 9-5 folks want their orders shipped to their unconfirmed office address.
I agree with you, Sneaky.  I've sent many paintings to offices, because no one wants them sitting on a front porch all day -- including me.  My best insurance, tho, is the signature I get upon delivery...