TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Analysts: Google to Open Classifieds Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Analysts said that search leader Google is quietly moving to add classified ads to its index.

Google has been contacting publishers of Web-based classified advertising sites, requesting a direct feed of listings

... ads that are freely available through search could destroy the pricing model used by print and online classifieds publishers.

http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3551901
sounds like a froogle for classifieds  Mrgreen
Yeah, I can see them doing a froogle thing with classifieds instead of auction. Of course, the classifieds might be a jumping off point to expand services later.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=637.msg2374#msg2374 date=1128301382]
sounds like a froogle for classifieds  Mrgreen
[/quote]

If all they did was a froogle classifieds, I think a lot of people who are hoping to be rescued from eBay by google would be verrrrry disappointed because (to put it nicely) 'Froogle sucks' in terms of generating traffic to web sites.  Looking at the last 50 visitors today to one of our web stores I see a lot of people reaching the site by searches on google/yahoo/msn/aol...and only 1 from froogle.