TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Worm ATTACKS!!! Beware of Happy New Year's Greetings!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Verisign is warning of a new worm that travels via e-mail with the subject "Happy New Year!" Users who open an attached executable file trigger installation of several different malicious code variants on their computers, which then execute mass mailings. The worm, which is already being heavily spammed, is being sent via over 160 domains, the security company said...

The worm is similar to other holiday attacks that security researchers reported earlier this month; in this case, it contains a file attachment called "postcard.exe" that users must download in order to infect their computers...

The worm turns the machine into a "zombie" that has been taken over via remote control software and then sends large volumes of spam...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/76jDiV7h...bies.xhtml
Thanks for sharing this information. I have encountered lots of this kind of message, but I just leave like that and never try to open it for my machine's safety. Thanks for the article.