TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: TradeMe Sell Through Rates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought these sell through rates for TradeMe are interesting because it is one of the very few auction sites that has sell throughs that are close to, and in some categories better than, the US eBay site.  Sell through rates by category for September:  http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/commu..._rates.asp

Great sell throughs, and when we were selling there we used to recieve more views during the first day of our auctions than we received on the US eBay site in an entire week.  Now the bad news,  at the beginning of this year TradeMe banned all non-New Zealand sellers (except Australians with a New Zealand bank account) from selling on their site...which is why we no longer sell there.  :'(

Some info on New Zealand's TradeMe: 

The site's monopoly (market share) of the New Zealand auction market is far greater than eBay's monopoly of the U.S. auction market.  TradeMe beat eBay's New Zealand auction site worse than Yahoo beat eBay in Japan...but apparently after the trouncing eBay took in Japan it doesn't want to seem like a complete loser by closing a second international site.  :twistedevil: :twistedevil:

Besides holding a monopoly position in the New Zealand online auction market, TradeMe also has a monopoly over the entire New Zealand Internet industry with over 50% of all New Zealand Internet traffic going to TradeMe  :blinkie:

One of the few auction sites I actually like, and they won't let me sell there any more :'( :'( (but if you live in New Zealand or Australia this site is highly recommended  Smile )