TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Well I finally did it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I signed up for the merchant account the admin at http://paypalsucks.com
is offering via Cardservices Intl.

Here is the link:
http://paypalsucks.com/merchant-account.shtml

I’m one of the one’s who have yet to have a problem with paypal but have been very vocal over the years of their abuses as well as feebays. I hate them just as much as anyone else because I do know they and feebay are screwing people left and right.

I’ve been looking for months at this particular merchant account and after receiving a VERY large order the other night at my website, (via PayPal) and worrying if down the line, I will get hit with some lame excuse from paypal that the purchase was bad. I went directly to my ATM the next morning and pulled the funds out of paypal and deposited them into my checking account.

We should NOT have to always be stressed by a companies like ebay and PayPal. Always wondering when we will be their next victim of their convoluted, bogus polices and lack of disclosure in matters of chargebacks and supposed “fraudulent funds” or SNAD issues they raise with so many.

Always wondering if we are in violation of some listing policy. Watching the “unleveled playing field” scenarios. Scared to post on their forums for fear the “undercover pinks” or lieworld contractors will find a reason to pull your actions. Dealing with numpty new jerks like I was recently, who was messing with my auctions and getting them pulled because some idiot in India can’t comprehend a policy.

I have been so much less dependent on ebay over the last few years and I’m so glad I have had a website up for as many years as I’ve been on feebay. I’m tired of their BS policies that are getting tighter and tighter with attempts to CONTROL us all. Feebay can kiss my a$$. Thefinger

As soon as my banking info and all is confirmed, my website will no longer accept credit cards via paypal.

My few auctions at feebay will also stop accepting paypal payments as well.
If I notice a large drop in sales on feebay due to this, I may reconsider using PayPal
and that will be the only place I use it.

I have a feeling this wont be the case as more and more people (buyers and sellers alike)
seem to be so tired of dealing with the monopoly feebaypal.

My website sales have been increasing steadily over the last few years as my feebay auctions sales have decrease steadily over the same time period.  Laughing7

It’s not much but as I and many have always KNOWN. The only real way to STOP all this BS abuse is to quit using these services. I know that is impossible for many at this point, including me.

Hopefully though, by this time next year or even sooner. I won’t use ebay either at all.

I SEE a trend where many are more comfortable purchasing from legitimate websites where they know UPFRONT who they are dealing with and not some user ID.  I suggest to anyone who is a serious e commerce seller and you rely on you online proceeds to make your living that you do indeed cut the ties as much as possible to these two runway companies as the trend is definitely going against them, no matter how much they try to spin and deny it.

They KNOW it is true. :blinkie:

We use CardServices too.

Quote:I’m one of the one’s who have yet to have a problem with paypal

They double debited almost every transaction we used the PayPal Debit Card for in September.  The last double debit and reversal was 9/30. Angryfire

Quote:SNAD issues

We opted out of PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy so we wouldn't have any SNAD issues.  Laughing7
Good for you, xpp!  If anyone is making enough money per month on their website to cover the expenses of a merchant account, I see no reason why PayPal should be kept as the perferred gateway, due to their love for instantly  reversing charges, and their horrendous practice of 'freezing' accounts.  I agree that having to live with the angst is a crock.

I also never opted into the 'buyer protection plan'.  What a crock. I also firmly believe the seller should keep control of the sale, not the buyer.

[quote author=stardust link=topic=716.msg2610#msg2610 date=1128701869]
I also firmly believe the seller should keep control of the sale, not the buyer.[/quote]

I completely agree.  Nothing irks me more than a buyer trying to control my sales.
I opted out of PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy too (last year), so we wouldn't have any SNAD issues.
But their it is all over my auctions. How many times do we need to "opt out"?

I think perhaps when I choose to put the PP logos in on page 4 of the SYI form I must have “automatically”  been Opted back in.

That is yet another unscrupulous ploy of theirs if that is the case.

I better go to my pp account and check that out again. hmmmmmmmmmmm

We have never had ANY problems either, I just feel that the potential is there and higher as we move forward.

We ship to unconfirmed address all the time, (the addresses are unconfirmed I think because many of our customers DON’T sign up with PP when paying,  and I don’t blame them either).
We also ship sometimes after the 7 day period and all.
No problems yet, just figured it was time to cut the strings.  Or at least loosen them a bit. Lol

Hell it would only take one “freeze” of my PP account and I would be stopped dead in my tracks for any sales with ebay, my website, or other venues as well.
Or they would be collecting my $$$ and not giving me the money due to some unrelated issue with one item or transaction disputed.  Crybaby2

Like I say. I’ve never had a problem, even the debt card thing only hit me once or twice in the last few weeks and it was credited back with-in a couple of days. No calls or nothing.

I must have one of the luckiest paypal accounts ever.
No CB’s, no SNADS, no real problems.

Oh no. I should have NEVER said that. Now watch this BIG purchase go south in a few hours ,days, weeks, or months???  :blinkie:

That’s my point. I’m tired of worrying about it so much and I do want larger orders and once I’m all set up I should be able to promote larger “wholesale” orders to some B&M’s that want to sell in their stores, and I’ve been thinking about approaching several.

Now if they try and compete directly with me online head on, obviously that would be a no no
Unless we made some agreement to “fix bids allocate customers and suppress competition with anti competitive conduct”. LOL

Hey wait a minute. That sounds like what paypal and ebay do all day long huh? :blinkie:

Really after so many years, I’m just tired of ebay and Paypals branded BS all over my stuff.

They now won’t let me put MY brand on their site. My logo.
My links to my FAQ's.
My links to what others who have bought off ebay have to say.
So the hell with them. they can kiss my  Bootyshake

I don’t want their logos or BRAND or links on my site or venues either.

This whole "partner" thing has to work both ways.

And feebay only want it one way. So I say.  Thefinger um...

I’m already feeling relief and a since of "regained independence" back and I haven’t even done any of the steps need to remove paypal and ebay from my site or other venues yet.

I need to remove my feedback and pp brand logos and of course, redo all my shopping cart forms.

Most but the forms can be done with a few quick logo changes and a few updates at the old website.

I can’t wait.

Heck I might even go into the ebay boards and start some trouble soon with my real ID.  Violent1

stardust

Go check it out:

http://paypalsucks.com/merchant-account.shtml

and read all about it.

It’s a REAL account with real rights with a real company who is being regulated by real laws.

I think I’m going to be happy no set up fees gateway fees all kinds of f stuff that has been having me want to take the plunge for a long time now.
I have read about it, and other carts as well.  I cannot get anything up for sale right now on ebay, even, much less consider opening a huge triple-web site, which is what I need to do.  I applaud those who are able to make the right moves.
Good for you, Xpp!!

I've been an online shopper for years and years.  Lots of years.  I wasn't nervous about shopping online at all... or very little.
When I first saw PayPal on eBay, I was nervous signing up.  I had heard NOTHING negative about it and knew nothing about it, so I had no preconceived ideas.  I thought PayPal sounded like a possible scam.  I watched my cc verrrrrry closely.
Here is where people can kick me...
If I go to a website and they only accept PayPal, I often think they aren't a "real" business or may be less then ethical.  That is JUST my point of view and it may suck... but it is my thoughts.  Wink
Quote:If I go to a website and they only accept PayPal, I often think they aren't a "real" business or may be less then ethical.

Could you email that quote to Overstock...you know, the idiot auction site that in their 'ways to spot a scammer' checklist says "Seller does not accept PayPal".  :Smile Big Grin

I'll agree.  I'm more likely to trust a site that has gone through the checks required to get a merchant account than I am to trust one that just offers PayPal.
Amy I didn’t see that before.

You use CardServices too?

COOL… Do you like them?

I have to admit I’m a bit skeptical of any service anymore and did have a MA at one time for a B&M.
That was a brief but Bad experience. The company we singed up with were crooks but the sales girl who sold me / us on it was so fine and I was so busy with my other biz that I just approved the deal with-out really going over it all.
I found out with-in a month what they were all about and breached their contract and told them to PP up a rope.
Haven’t had a real MA since then and that was back in  1999 I think.

Quote: I completely agree. Nothing irks me more than a buyer trying to control my sales.

I know what you mean there Nat and with PP not only does the buyer have the ability to control the sales,
so does PP.

I remember when they came out with the 7 day ship  SPP carp. The first words out of my mouth were. “Who do they think they are? I’ll decide when to ship my products, besides my products are not even built until ordered and paid for and some custom units may take some time to design, fabricate and get out the door.” That was a while back and I knew then that things were going downhill with them. I can’t remember for sure but I think  bogus SPP was introduced shortly after feebay bought them???

Quote:If I go to a website and they only accept PayPal, I often think they aren't a "real" business or may be less then ethical.  That is JUST my point of view and it may suck... but it is my thoughts.  Wink

Thanks Anita and all of you as well. I've often though that too and what I did several months ago was remove logos that had paypal on them. I even reworded some text that use to say:
"We securely accept credit cards via paypal" to now "We securely accept credit cards".
My old shopping cart button used to have PayPal on them too. Now it is a very sleek non branded button and has been that way for so me time now as well. Sales just keep climbing and that may be a result of no pp logos.

Also perhaps once folks go to my cart at PayPal and they saw that they DID NOT have to sign up with PP maybe they figured: “Cool I can buy from this site and be one my way because I just want to pay for the item and NOT sign up for anything”.

If the logos were flying before they hit the “Add To Cart” button (like they used too), they may have never hit that at all to find out they don’t have to “sign up” to send a cc payment.

Soon I will be doing the happy dance and when they hit the button there will be no PayPal an eBay company BS on the screen. The further I can get folks away from these two companies to purchase my products, the better.

BBH I was thinking the same thing over the last few years when looking at websites and  I'm also more likely to trust a site that has a merchant account than I am to trust one that just offers PayPal.

I guess that is because I / we know how easy it is to get an account with PP and how sleazy they really are.

Don’t get me wrong guys. I’m not going to drop PP at this time. But I’m going to phase them out over time and give them and feebay way less of my hard earned $$$.

Pages: 1 2 3