TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Where is Bidville's commercial?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amy July 26, 2006 Wrote:Wait until uBid discovers how many of those customers are actually active members.  Saying Bidville has 900,000 members is like saying AuctionCities/Bidway/AuctionDiner/BidBay has 4.5 million members (which it does but they all left and listings have fallen from almost 5 million to under 2,000)...meaningless stats.

The acquisition by uBid could be a huge boost for Bidville sellers but I'm sure the ability to instantly add 900,000 names to uBid's mailing list was the main reason for the acquisition.

It looks like I was right.  Sad BangHead  uBid's main reason for its $600K Bidville purchase was to acquire the mailing list.

No announcements from the new uBid management since September 23rd.  uBid is running TV commercials while Bidville is being left to rot.  Listings are no longer being submitted to Froogle. Traffic is way down--the site's Alexa ranking has tumbled from 11,000 in 2004 to 65,007 today.

Quote: I was watching TV this morning and on came this really great commercial for "U-BID"....
I asked myself where is Bidvilles advertising? It was a great commercial. I guess that is why Bidville isn`t going anywhere... no help from the ownership. The apparently only care about U-Bid...Where is Bidvilles commercial?...The last contact ownership has had with us here at Bidville was Sept of 2006...Such a shame that this wonderful group of people here at Bidvlle get no help from the ownership... certainly is a sad state of affairs.
Quote:I have been here since the beginning and have always done ok. Ever since u-bid was brought into the picture everything has about stopped....
the rest of the thread (must be a BV member to read): http://www.bidville.com/community/messag...ad=1087095&forum=150

Some of the comments from that thread, for the benefit of people who don't care to remember their Bidville login IDs. LOl.

Quote:I was watching TV this morning and on came this really great commercial for "U-BID"....
I asked myself where is Bidvilles advertising? It was a great commercial. I guess that is why Bidville isn`t going anywhere... no help from the ownership. The apparently only care about U-Bid...Where is Bidvilles commercial?...The last contact ownership has had with us here at Bidville was Sept of 2006...Such a shame that this wonderful group of people here at Bidvlle get no help from the ownership... certainly is a sad state of affairs.

Quote:Extremely bad here... a tax writeoff most likely. Gotta leave here soon.

Quote:I have been here since the beginning and have always done ok. Ever since u-bid was brought into the picture everything has about stopped. I hate to admit it but I have gone back to the bay and doing very well. Higer fees but higher sales also. A little less profit is better than none at all. Such a pity that Bidville is slowly going down. I thought I was here for life. The people here are just beautiful people to be with. The unfortunate thing is they can only help so much & the rest is up to ownership which apparently doesn`t give a hoot if Bidville lives or dies.
What a shame...

Quote:I was watching TV this morning and on came this really great commercial for "U-BID".

I love selling on uBid  Sunny
Hope springs eternal...

Comments on Bidville's banner advertising on Auctionbytes:

Quote:Auctionbytes specializes in serving the needs primarily of internet auction SELLERS. Like the ad in PSUNITE it seems Ubid wants to encourage more sellers to list. Maybe the item count in many categories is not ample enough to satisfy a browsing buyer. When there are more items available maybe Ubid will expand the advertising to entice buyers to visit.

Here`s hoping!
Quote:We do have more sellers here than buyers and that is strange because sellers are also buyers. So why aren`t the sellers we have her doing any buying. It is so discouraging to spend hours putting items up for sale only to see them go unsold week after week. I know I speak for a lot of people.

Once our items start selling, then we will be in a position to ask UBid to advertise more. They aren`t making any money off the listings, but they do off sales. So.... sellers out there: it is time to become buyers. There are over a million listings on here (I believe), so come out of the woods and start bidding.

http://www.bidville.com/community/messag...ad=1081680&forum=950
Quote:Once our items start selling, then we will be in a position to ask UBid to advertise more. They aren`t making any money off the listings, but they do off sales. So.... sellers out there: it is time to become buyers. There are over a million listings on here (I believe), so come out of the woods and start bidding.

Sigh. :Smile
Sigh is right.  You'd think that after 6 years of "sellers buying from sellers" people would get the clue that A) it doesn't work and B) Bidville isn't going to advertise to buyers.
Quote:No announcements from the new uBid management since September 23rd.

7 months of silence.  :Smile